*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Underboss
When I factory reset mine a couple of days ago, it forgot everything and thought it was an electric toothbrush.
50743172871_081c5c38ae_o_d.gif

:cry::cry::eek::D

Associate
Had a quest 2 on launch but sold it 9 months ago.

Really miss playing vr so I'm waiting for this Facebook Connect event on Thursday before buying either a Quest 2 or hopefully a Quest 2+ if out this year.

If its next year I think I'll get a quest 2 next week and can always sell it to upgrade next year as can't wait another 3/4 months

Soldato
First look at the quest pro? Someone claims to have found some promo videos:

https://uploadvr.com/oculus-quest-pro-leak-videos/

Interestingly credit goes to the same guy (samulia) who leaked other rumours previously… this perhaps lends credence to those earlier predictions.

Those were mostly same res as Q2, but with local dimming/dual cell LCD… a 4k 120fps colour pass through camera, eye and face tracking, new starlet controllers with multi haptics, finger tracking, individual inside out camera based tracking.

If so could be an interesting device… a higher bandwidth wireless option (even just enabling Wi-Fi 6E) too would really help sell it to me. With no resolution bump and no varifocal lenses perhaps the price will be fairly reasonable.

Last edited:
Soldato
First look at the quest pro? Someone claims to have found some promo videos:

https://uploadvr.com/oculus-quest-pro-leak-videos/

Interestingly credit goes to the same guy (samulia) who leaked other rumours previously… this perhaps lends credence to those earlier predictions.

Those were mostly same res as Q2, but with local dimming/dual cell LCD… a 4k 120fps colour pass through camera, eye and face tracking, new starlet controllers with multi haptics, finger tracking, individual inside out camera based tracking.

If so could be an interesting device… a higher bandwidth wireless option (even just enabling Wi-Fi 6E) too would really help sell it to me. With no resolution bump and no varifocal lenses perhaps the price will be fairly reasonable.

If all those specs are true, then I would be very interested in buying one. Especially if they have improved the Wifi bandwidth too.

Soldato
Not looking like enough for me to jump on.

There again i wouldn't really have the money anyway!

Eye tracking with improved lenses, better LCD screens and improved Wifi would be a pretty big jump.

Would depend on the price. If it comes in under a £1000 without needing a yearly subscription, it would be very tempting!!

Soldato
Eye tracking with improved lenses, better LCD screens and improved Wifi would be a pretty big jump.

Would depend on the price. If it comes in under a £1000 without needing a yearly subscription, it would be very tempting!!

Eye tracking will be just a social feature i suspect, not foveated rendering.

Soldato
Eye tracking will be just a social feature i suspect, not foveated rendering.

We already have Foveated Rendering. Nvidia added it to several games. What we don't have is too many headsets with eye tracking to take advantage of it.

I think if Oculus are introducing eye tracking into the Quest Pro, they will have their own Foveated rendering implementation ready to go.

Soldato
We already have Foveated Rendering. Nvidia added it to several games. What we don't have is too many headsets with eye tracking to take advantage of it.

I think if Oculus are introducing eye tracking into the Quest Pro, they will have their own Foveated rendering implementation ready to go.

I'd missed that! That does make a difference... I'm still not going to be able to afford it though.

I'll wait till we get a better fov option.

Soldato
Decided to give link a go instead of airlnk but cant get the oculus software to detect my headset. Ive tried different cables so it isnt a cable issue. The Pc detects the quest 2
and i can access the files on it but the oculus software says its not connected.
If i turn off the quest 2 and switch it back on the oculus software detects the quest but as soon as i accept the 'allow' access on the headset screen it disconnects.
Ive got all the power management turned off on the usb devices in windows 11.
Any ideas?

Associate
Decided to give link a go instead of airlnk but cant get the oculus software to detect my headset. Ive tried different cables so it isnt a cable issue. The Pc detects the quest 2
and i can access the files on it but the oculus software says its not connected.
If i turn off the quest 2 and switch it back on the oculus software detects the quest but as soon as i accept the 'allow' access on the headset screen it disconnects.
Ive got all the power management turned off on the usb devices in windows 11.
Any ideas?

https://uploadvr.com/windows-11-oculus-link-issues/

Back
Top Bottom