*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
Is hearing the headset fan normal?. Ive had a exchanged headset 128gb version and i can hear the fan on this new one slightly when its quiet, also when i move my head from the horizontal to looking down the fan seems to get slightly louder?.
Is this normal?
Im sure my old one didnt do this

Associate
Nope. I'm a cat. I believe Ravenger is a cockeral. Mel is obviously a hedghog, I'm not sure about ShiWarrior, but I can be certain he's not human...

Kind of you to offer but I'm cramming a few games in preparation for spending an embarassing amount of time in FH5. ;)

Associate
Is hearing the headset fan normal?. Ive had a exchanged headset 128gb version and i can hear the fan on this new one slightly when its quiet, also when i move my head from the horizontal to looking down the fan seems to get slightly louder?.
Is this normal?

Haven't noticed it on our 64 or 256 models

Soldato
You could join us in the hangout thread and interact socially playing some fun games!

I thought the point of VR was that you didn't have to socially interact with anyone else.
50743288142_4132b2c759_o_d.gif

Soldato
I've not laughed in a long while as much as I've laughed in some of the games we've played.

When no one could hear me as engineer in star trek bridge crew in a mission where everything they did damaged the ship, being a particular highlight.

Soldato
Unboxed my new Quest 2 last night and had good fun playing SuperHot, I know it’s a few years old but for a new-to-VR player I found it very immersive and the enemy movement a really clever concept.

Also purchased Beat Saber as played this once on PSVR and thought it was great fun and understand it’s never on promo so just get it from day 1.

Haven’t yet played around with any other features or functions such as the Home Screen/Area and social functions.

I have a Sony Android TV and casting to that worked out of the box and really well.

Associate
Interesting... thanks . are you still able to connect the headset to sidequest?

Tried to connect to sidequest this afternoon and couldn't. That said I've done a couple of factory resets since the last time I used it. Can't see any dev options in the Oculus PC software or the android app. I ignored the last verify your dev account email as I'd already set up a payment option. I do have dev options in the headset menu though. I might not be a typical scenario.

Soldato
Tried to connect to sidequest this afternoon and couldn't. That said I've done a couple of factory resets since the last time I used it. Can't see any dev options in the Oculus PC software or the android app. I ignored the last verify your dev account email as I'd already set up a payment option. I do have dev options in the headset menu though. I might not be a typical scenario.

Thanks for having a poke around. I'll ping a message to oculus support and see what they have to say.

Caporegime
Unboxed my new Quest 2 last night and had good fun playing SuperHot, I know it’s a few years old but for a new-to-VR player I found it very immersive and the enemy movement a really clever concept.

Also purchased Beat Saber as played this once on PSVR and thought it was great fun and understand it’s never on promo so just get it from day 1.

Haven’t yet played around with any other features or functions such as the Home Screen/Area and social functions.

I have a Sony Android TV and casting to that worked out of the box and really well.
Great 2 games to get started with. Once you're settled, get Sidequest and you can mod BS to have custom songs.

Soldato
Great 2 games to get started with. Once you're settled, get Sidequest and you can mod BS to have custom songs.
Thanks. I have an OK-spec PC (Ryzen 3500 & GTX1660 Super) although very rarely game on it (originally bought the GPU for the 3x DP outputs for office work pre-crypto pricing) so am interested to find out more about PCVR too.

Soldato
Thanks. I have an OK-spec PC (Ryzen 3500 & GTX1660 Super) although very rarely game on it (originally bought the GPU for the 3x DP outputs for office work pre-crypto pricing) so am interested to find out more about PCVR too.

Oculus software for PC and airlink (wifi) or link (non wifi over usb cable.

thats all you need! It works really well on wifi if you have a good connection

Associate
Is this normal?
Have the 256gb model and can't recall ever hearing the fan either

Back
Top Bottom