*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Associate
Did a couple of hours yesterday and noticed the fan for the first time in the menus when getting ready to take it off. Maybe they changed the fan curve in an update? They were talking recently about having some headroom on the chip.

Soldato
What strap is everyone using? I have an elite strap, but man it still puts loads of pressure on my forehead/eyebrows area no matter what I do. There are a number of cheapo halo straps kicking around, but no idea if they are any good (probs all from the same factory in China).

Any recommendations? Or should I get a VR Covers faceplate first?

Soldato
What strap is everyone using? I have an elite strap, but man it still puts loads of pressure on my forehead/eyebrows area no matter what I do. There are a number of cheapo halo straps kicking around, but no idea if they are any good (probs all from the same factory in China).

I've tried a few halo straps and for me they are super uncomfortable. I ended up going back to the Elite strap after some more adjustment and it's been fine since.

I have the VR cover faceplate as well, it's much softer and comfier.

Soldato
I use either the basic strap, basic strap with faceplate on the back, or mvh studios headstrap. Depends on if my boy has recently played and if i can be bothered to swap the straps back. Don't find the default too bad but rarely use it for more than an hour, often less.

Underboss

im suprised you cant get on withg the elite strap

try :

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BOBOVR-Rep...2417&pd_rd_wg=PQWuA&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d

or

i have this one :

This has been updated since we've all bought ours, now includes additional pad for the back of your head

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002858946715.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.35837435z2RmKo&algo_pvid=38bb664b-a733-4229-b4c0-dace0723d8d3&algo_exp_id=38bb664b-a733-4229-b4c0-dace0723d8d3-4&pdp_ext_f={"sku_id":"12000022490371876"}

old style :

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...00016840092379","sceneId":"23416"}&fromDetail

Last edited:
Soldato

I got the cheapo Eyglo strap as a stand in when i first got my Quest but it's been great so i've not bothered replacing it, all i did was add a cheapo head strap pad to the rear.
9TF3SUo.jpeg

Full setup is
Eyglo head strap with cheapo rear pad
BoboVR F2 facial interface with AMVR cushion
Charmast 10400mAh Power Bank
KLIM Fusion earphones

Soldato

The GOMRVR halo strap with the VRcover faceplate and AMVR back headstrap/pad. Comfy enough to fall asleep in.

51127634173_3c584dcba4_b.jpg

Underboss
I got the cheapo Eyglo strap as a stand in when i first got my Quest but it's been great so i've not bothered replacing it, all i did was add a cheapo head strap pad to the rear.
9TF3SUo.jpeg

Full setup is
Eyglo head strap with cheapo rear pad
BoboVR F2 facial interface with AMVR cushion
Charmast 10400mAh Power Bank
KLIM Fusion earphones

That looks too heavy at the front, is that another powerback at the front ?

Associate
Catalog shop refused to exchange it saying that serial numbers didn't match from headset and box! Even though it was a new sealed unit only a week old.
Spoke to Oculus and they were superb, sent it back to them yesterday for an exchange.
Ah excellent thats actually great service! Hear a fair few people complain about their service but had nothing but good experiences personally. Let us know if your new headset no longer has the issue

Associate
What strap is everyone using? I have an elite strap, but man it still puts loads of pressure on my forehead/eyebrows area no matter what I do.

Using an elite strap with good results but I'm not playing anything that requires a lot of quick movement. Mine is loose enough that you could 'almost' pull the headset off without touching the adjustment dial.

I do strap wound out, place on head, pull back of strap under bean, tighten a bit, grab front with both hands and set height and angle for vertical sweetspot, weight mostly on cheek bones, tighten back dial a couple of clicks more. Going to depend on headshape which strap works best.

Soldato

Is it the Elite Strap with the battery? If not and it's just the ordinary Elite Strap without the battery than my suggestion would be put something on the back of the strap as a counterweight. Anything you have, even a phone. It's just to see if that is more comfortable for you. If it is, then you can do something more permanent. Like putting a battery pack there to extend your play time. I think there are attachments that you buy or print out using a 3D printer for the Elite Strap.

Back
Top Bottom