*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
Edit: ah i think requesting/suggesting sources for a product goes against forum rules. ignore.
only if it is a product overclockers sell.

so you shouldn't point a buyer to a cheap pc motherboard, but I don't think overclockers would care if you pointed out good deals on quest peripherals.

Associate
only if it is a product overclockers sell.

so you shouldn't point a buyer to a cheap pc motherboard, but I don't think overclockers would care if you pointed out good deals on quest peripherals.
Yeh oc did sell the item, i was asking for best place to buy, i think oc is best for it anyway (quest 2 - having regrets selling mine now).

Soldato
They were supposed to be ditching the requirement for a Facebook account 'sometime this year'. Haven't seen anything to say it's happened yet, which is the only reason I still haven't bought a headset.

Has this happened yet, still not unboxed my Quest2, main reason is having to use FB account.

Associate
Anyone else finding that they no longer get any charge via the link cable connected to PC? Not sure when it stopped working but I've tried with 2 cables, same result.

Associate
Is this charging while playing? Or just the charging has stopped completely?

The charging has stopped completely via link cable to PC. The little battery symbol changes to say it is charging - but it doesn't, it drops as normal.

I downloaded "USBDeview" which shows that the device is connected, but it's not actually drawing any power at all from the system, regardless of which USB port I connect to and which cable I use.

The headset does however charge as normal when connected to the proper charger in a power outlet.

Looking online it seems that other people are also having this issue but I've not found any solutions.

I've also just tried keeping the link cable in one of the same slots I've been trying, connecting it to my phone instead, and checking USBDeview it shows the phone is drawing 896 mA of power compared to the 0 for the Quest 2.

Last edited:
Soldato
The charging has stopped completely via link cable to PC. The little battery symbol changes to say it is charging - but it doesn't, it drops as normal.

I downloaded "USBDeview" which shows that the device is connected, but it's not actually drawing any power at all from the system, regardless of which USB port I connect to and which cable I use.

The headset does however charge as normal when connected to the proper charger in a power outlet.

Looking online it seems that other people are also having this issue but I've not found any solutions.

I've also just tried keeping the link cable in one of the same slots I've been trying, connecting it to my phone instead, and checking USBDeview it shows the phone is drawing 896 mA of power compared to the 0 for the Quest 2.

When did this start happening? I just wonder is it a motherboard USB problem. That either a windows/motherboard update or one of the Oculus updates just pushes the power draw up a little more than the USB ports on your motherboard can handle. Motherboard USB ports are, well, terrible really.

Have you tried plugging the headset into another PC/laptop in the house to see does it charge? Like I charge my headset from my laptop when I am away from my PC.

If it does charge when plugged into another computer/laptop, then, It might be worth trying a USB add on card (one that requires you to plug in a sata/molex power connector)

Associate
Has this happened yet, still not unboxed my Quest2, main reason is having to use FB account.
Oh wow I'd forgotten this still hadn't happened!! Thought it had been ditched ages ago but always just connected to my account anyway so hadn't thought about it. They've really been radio silent on it since haven't they?

Associate
When did this start happening? I just wonder is it a motherboard USB problem. That either a windows/motherboard update or one of the Oculus updates just pushes the power draw up a little more than the USB ports on your motherboard can handle. Motherboard USB ports are, well, terrible really.

Have you tried plugging the headset into another PC/laptop in the house to see does it charge? Like I charge my headset from my laptop when I am away from my PC.

If it does charge when plugged into another computer/laptop, then, It might be worth trying a USB add on card (one that requires you to plug in a sata/molex power connector)

Not sure, could have been a couple of months, I've only recently started using the link cable again for Contractors since I get less latency than wireless. It definitely worked previously.

I've just tried your suggestion and plugged it in to my Work laptop that has a USB-C slot on it. Charging worked! Tried it using the USB-B convertor in a standard slot. Didn't work.

Are you using a USB-C slot on your PC? My desktop doesn't have one so it looks like I'll need to get one.

Soldato
Not sure, could have been a couple of months, I've only recently started using the link cable again for Contractors since I get less latency than wireless. It definitely worked previously.

I've just tried your suggestion and plugged it in to my Work laptop that has a USB-C slot on it. Charging worked! Tried it using the USB-B convertor in a standard slot. Didn't work.

Are you using a USB-C slot on your PC? My desktop doesn't have one so it looks like I'll need to get one.

I have a USB-slot on my PC and use USB C mainly. But, I just tried other ports and my Quest 2 charges from either. I don't use a convertor though.

I did try an older computer that I have here. The charging worked on some of the ports but didn't work on any port using the Asmedia controller.

If you are getting a USB adapter card, might as well get one with a USB C port.

Associate
I have a USB-slot on my PC and use USB C mainly. But, I just tried other ports and my Quest 2 charges from either. I don't use a convertor though.

I did try an older computer that I have here. The charging worked on some of the ports but didn't work on any port using the Asmedia controller.

If you are getting a USB adapter card, might as well get one with a USB C port.

Interesting. My old link cable didn't use a converter, it was just a USB C to USB B cable. However it stopped charging too. Very odd.

Soldato
not sure where to post this

mike is back ! :)

and he's lost his whelks.
50743309342_f2ff8e8c04_o_d.gif

Back
Top Bottom