*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
Two years is the warranty.

You'll need to provide proof of purchase if you didn't buy it from Oculus as they were then.
Yeah i got that from Amazon which i can print screen. Will open a support ticket tonight and see how it goes.

Be nice to get a spare replacement incase i need it.

Associate
Tried it both ways and it didn't charge, as others have alluded to..

I had this problem and weirdly it seems to have started charging again over link.

I'm not sure if this actually helped or not or if it was coincidental, but I went in to settings > system > developer and turned USB Connection dialogue off then back on. Whenever you get the USB connection prompt, hit deny. Might need a reboot as I don't think this had any impact when I first tried it.

Also don't stick the cable in until after you've turned on your Quest.

Soldato
I had this problem and weirdly it seems to have started charging again over link.

I'm not sure if this actually helped or not or if it was coincidental, but I went in to settings > system > developer and turned USB Connection dialogue off then back on. Whenever you get the USB connection prompt, hit deny. Might need a reboot as I don't think this had any impact when I first tried it.

Ok thanks I'll give this a try..

Soldato

Nope that didn't work, all the indications are that it's charging, orange light on the side, lightning symbol and the green dots cycle but the battery level stays as the same percentage..

Associate
Nope that didn't work, all the indications are that it's charging, orange light on the side, lightning symbol and the green dots cycle but the battery level stays as the same percentage..

Hmm yeah that's what mine was doing too. In that case I have no idea why mine suddenly started working again. Maybe either a windows or oculus update.

Soldato
So after going through Oculus support i have come to a point now where they have all the info they need and have decided to further investigate and troubleshoot the issue??? What is there to troubleshoot?! The strap has snapped clean in half lol.

Waiting to hear back from their conclusion and what to do next.

Soldato
So after going through Oculus support i have come to a point now where they have all the info they need and have decided to further investigate and troubleshoot the issue??? What is there to troubleshoot?! The strap has snapped clean in half lol.

Waiting to hear back from their conclusion and what to do next.

They did that with me too, but it only took an hour for them to agree to replace it.

BTW, my replacement has just been shipped.

Soldato
They did that with me too, but it only took an hour for them to agree to replace it.

BTW, my replacement has just been shipped.
Ive just heard back from them, they've offered to replace it BUT i have to return the original to them first? Maybe its because it was bought from a retailer and not direct from them?

Soldato
Ive just heard back from them, they've offered to replace it BUT i have to return the original to them first? Maybe its because it was bought from a retailer and not direct from them?

Most likely. I guess they don't want you returning it to the retailer and getting a double replacement or refund.

I bought mine from Oculus direct.

Associate
Hi folks,

Just wondering why there is no music in the 80's 90's and a few other channels on my oculus quest 2 tv app, is it a regional thing or what as videos play ok?

On a lighter note my avatar seems to have changed sex...lol how do I go about fixing that as well.

Thanks
Joe

Soldato
Hmm yeah that's what mine was doing too. In that case I have no idea why mine suddenly started working again. Maybe either a windows or oculus update.
how long is your cable? have you tried a short one.
Yes a strange one, using the same cable and USB port on my desktop PC my phone charges just fine, so it isn't the connection at all and has worked ok in past. Even tried the headset with the shorter cable and nope still no charging..

Associate
Yes a strange one, using the same cable and USB port on my desktop PC my phone charges just fine, so it isn't the connection at all and has worked ok in past. Even tried the headset with the shorter cable and nope still no charging..

Yep. Exactly what was happening with me. Are you running windows 10?

Back
Top Bottom