Oculus Quest 2 Pro / Oculus Quest 3 Thread

You can see her eyes from the side, so not as immersive for VR but more of an AR/MR gimmick.

Last edited:
Quest 2 resolution and refresh rate for over US $1,600 with tax. And "1-2 hours" of battery means 1 hour for gaming. What the hell are they smoking at Meta as this is an epic fail.

Last edited:
It's obvious this is not a gaming headset. The battery life in particular isn't good enough, especially on the controllers, even ignoring the 4090 level pricing.

I guess it's Pico 4 or wait for Quest 3.

I don't think this will sell anywhere near as well as quest 2 but i don't think meta will expect it to, it's definitely not a quest 2 successor. I'm waiting for a quest 3.

They've constantly said it's an enterprise device and will be priced as such.
No doubt, but i bet some people will buy it to game on :D. if i was rich i'd probably be 1 of them. i bet they'll be some very interesting AR apps/games that will come to it.

Ya the quest pro seems Cra# - I was hoping for a sub 1000 price and then I would have probably went for it - supposedly you need to also buy some cover so you have full vr emersion also. I kind of wanted to stay in the meta eco system since I have a few games and got used to how the system worked. So unless the quest 3 is coming soon? (anyone hear anything) - its pico 4 for me.

Quest 2 resolution and refresh rate for over US $1,600 with tax. And "1-2 hours" of battery means 1 hour for gaming. What the hell are they smoking at Meta as this is an epic fail.

This isn't really aimed at your average gamer.

Last edited:
Quest 3 will be around $300 - $500 but is NOT launching this year

source :

Last edited:
Quest 3 will be around $300 - $500 but is NOT launching this year

source :

Perfect, didn't expect it this year, hoping for it next year, hoping that something like eye tracking is included, even if standalone can't do foveated, I want pcvr to still have the option.

Perfect, didn't expect it this year, hoping for it next year, hoping that something like eye tracking is included, even if standalone can't do foveated, I want pcvr to still have the option.
Its been suggested that eye tracking and face tracking will not be in the quest 3. Basically will have pancake lenses/better processor/better pass thru color etc ... just not sure when it will launch maybe another year or maybe they get it out sooner because of pico

Its been suggested that eye tracking and face tracking will not be in the quest 3. Basically will have pancake lenses/better processor/better pass thru color etc ... just not sure when it will launch maybe another year or maybe they get it out sooner because of pico
Yeah, that was a bradley lynch rumour, he gets as much wrong as he does right. Interview with Zuck suggests he really wants to push eye/face tracking. I'm hoping the Pro is basically a data gathering exercise to maximise the effectiveness of the eye/face tracking for the q3. As well as augmented reality.

Back
Top Bottom