Oculus Quest 2 Pro / Oculus Quest 3 Thread

Get rid of your Xmas smiley , it's not Xmas yet lol

Don't make me unleash the pudding!
50743141726_ec3ab89e9b_o_d.gif

This new headset isn't a Quest 2 replacement.

It's aimed at businesses. And it will be priced that way too. Last rumour I heard was that it was going to be $1500(£1800), that's a lot of money. I would not be surprised if there was also a yearly subscription fee.

As for the timing, well, it's not a consumer headset, so I don't think the timing matters as much. But, let's say it was a consumer headset, why would the timing be bad releasing at the end of October? To me, that sounds like perfect timing. Enough time to build up interest just before the Christmas shopping period.

Interesting. I wonder if Meta will give us the full low down on capabilities in the 11th Oct?

Does anyone think that the Neo Pico 4 appears to be using a lot of the same technology, e.g. pancake lenses? I'm rather assuming that it's likely to be from the same manufacturer

Unboxing video leaked

yes but did you read the link ?
Yes, the specs we mostly know about. Someone at meta is in for a bollocking and the hotel worker could make a few quid out of it if he sold it to a competitor or minted youtuber. I bet they're all lining up.
Still a pro price , so it's not for me.

Very unlikely any Quest will have a display port. More likely Meta will improve the wireless connection quality.

Here’s hoping for real time lossless H.264 encode/decode. Wonder what hardware at each end would be needed for that ~2k per eye @90/120Hz.

Back
Top Bottom