Oculus Quest 2 Pro / Oculus Quest 3 Thread

Soldato
Surely it cant be expected to release before Christmas this year? I mean it would be cool if it was but cant really see it myself.

The rumours of the quest two only started surfacing a few months before it was released I believe? Quest pro rumours have been around for a little while now... wouldn't shock me if it was released in time for christmas to be honest.

Associate
Wow well I'm safe to buy a Quest 2 now

No signs of a Gaming Quest and the new headset they showed is clearly high end.

Quest 2 ordered!!

Associate
I missed most of it, looks like i didnt miss much. Disappointed no quest successor announced, or was that headset the successor? Hope the headset they did show is not the direction theyre taking.

Associate
I missed most of it, looks like i didnt miss much. Disappointed no quest successor announced, or was that headset the successor? Hope the headset they did show is not the direction theyre taking.
The rumours all year (up until a few YouTubers suggested this year, last month) was no Quest Pro or Quest 3 until next year some time. They've shown nothing on the Quest 3 yet, only the Pro headset which they said will be at the higher end of the VR price spectrum, whatever that means. Could be Index money, could be XR3 money. Hopefully we get to see what the Valve standalone headset can do, the PSVR2, and Quest 3, all around the same time - I'd prefer to buy just one of them. :D

Soldato
Carmack in his keynote talk said there's actually quite a bit of head-room in Quest 2 performance. They have been very conservative in the thermals, and could probably clock the headset higher.

Also they announced a new spacewarp feature that allows games to run at 45fps interpolated to 90fps and double the amount of compute power available.

So there's no real push for a replacement for the Quest 2 right now, especially as it's still selling in massive amounts.

Soldato
The spacewarp feature sounds like they've just taken what virtual desktop does when running pcvr.

Good to know there's headroom though, would be nice to see some games be able to unlock it, though it would mean quest 1 versions would need to be abandoned.

Soldato
I wasn't expecting a new headset to be released this year, but, I did think that they would share some info about their next headset.

Associate
The rumours all year (up until a few YouTubers suggested this year, last month) was no Quest Pro or Quest 3 until next year some time. They've shown nothing on the Quest 3 yet, only the Pro headset which they said will be at the higher end of the VR price spectrum, whatever that means. Could be Index money, could be XR3 money. Hopefully we get to see what the Valve standalone headset can do, the PSVR2, and Quest 3, all around the same time - I'd prefer to buy just one of them. :D
I guess i got a bit carried away, i believed those youtuber "leaks".

Back
Top Bottom