Oculus Quest (Santa Cruz)

Associate
I've been playing x-plane 11 and scale is same as the Rift S and CV1 for me - appreciate not p cars but it's along the same lines (sat in a driving / pilot position.

Works great too - easy to pick out runways from a distance.

Associate
Just a heads up - if you are enrolled in the test channel update for the rift software you need to opt out for now - the latest test channel update doesn't work with link.........just happened to me.

I'm rolling back to the latest official version at the mo.

Soldato
Ravenger - re audio I saw this from someone else:

"I did a lot of troubleshooting, even uninstalled all of the oculus software and reinstalled, and then I remembered this from back in the day with oculus:

Change windows from outputting 5.1 surround to stereo. Unplug your quest and replug it back in. You should now have audio."

Scale looks the same as CV1 to me.

edit - more potential audio fixes in here https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/82338/no-audio-when-using-oculus-link

Also the next update to quest apparently brings virtual audio drivers that should properly fix the audio issues.

Last edited:
Soldato
Have you got your sound working yet? It would be interesting to see what hardware you have that isn't working to let you have sound.

Not had a chance to try anything last night. I'll have a go tonight, but it looks like the forthcoming update should fix it.

As for the world-scale issue, there's an Oculus User Voice post about it, so if anyone on here is seeing this, please upvote it and add a comment. Potentially it's only an issue for a subset of Quests, but without more data it's difficult to tell.

https://oculus.uservoice.com/forums...stions/37927135-ability-to-adjust-world-scale

Soldato
Picking up my quest today, excited to give it a whirl. I didn't get on with CV1 3 years ago due to SDE so returned it but I think I should have a better time of it this time round.

Soldato
Picking up my quest today, excited to give it a whirl. I didn't get on with CV1 3 years ago due to SDE so returned it but I think I should have a better time of it this time round.

SDE is still there, but much reduced. Not really noticeable normal gameplay unless you look for it.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

So, got my USB3.1 cable (the 3m one linked from Amazon previously) and spent the day testing it out - Unity play mode even works which will make my Oculus Go development much easier. So to summarise my thoughts on the Quest plus Link software:-

Anyone want to buy an Oculus CV1?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Soldato
The sound is now working, and I played Stormlands for a bit, and it looks excellent. The lead is too short and too heavy to use for standing experiences so I guess I'll wait for the official cable for proper usage.

Associate
Morning,
Are OCUK doing the Vader Immortal package with the Quest? I can't see it on the site

I'm not sure but I got mine from another retailer a day before the free games deal, I contacted oculus and they added the games to my account so I don't think it matters where you buy from.

Soldato
Gutted, there's no black Friday deals on the quest. Star wars shizz is not a deal, it's something I don't need.... like treading in dog poo.
Fifty quid off would've offset the cost of the official link cable a bit. :confused::(:mad::confused::(:mad:

Soldato
OP
Gutted, there's no black Friday deals on the quest. Star wars shizz is not a deal, it's something I don't need.... like treading in dog poo.
Fifty quid off would've offset the cost of the official link cable a bit. :confused::(:mad::confused::(:mad:

No need to discount if you are selling as fast as making. SW is a first-party title so not costing them anything to bundle.

Associate
Picked up a Oculus Quest myself this weekend....and am absolutely loving it! Just trying to find a compatible 10ft cable so I can connect it via Link to my lappy.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Picked up a Oculus Quest myself this weekend....and am absolutely loving it! Just trying to find a compatible 10ft cable so I can connect it via Link to my lappy.

Amazon Basics Type A to type C USB 3.1 3m/10ft is working for me.

Back
Top Bottom