** OCULUS RIFT VR HEADSET SAVE £200 LIMITED PERIOD ONLY **

Associate
Was it an XBOX 360 or XBOX ONE controller in the old package? I thought someone said it was an XBOX ONE?
Pity they (Oculus) didn't drop the price by £25 when they removed the controller and remote.

Also a wheel/joystick is expensive.

They've dropped the price by £200 during the sale and £100 after the sale.

Soldato
They've dropped the price by £200 during the sale and £100 after the sale.
Yeah, but they included the joypad at the reduced price. If they'd removed the joypad when they did the price drop I'd have no issue with it.

If the joypad is no longer needed people can sell them, make £40 or whatever.
People could have bought the bundle for £400 and sold the joypad for ~£40, making the total cost £360.
Then they stopped doing the joypad in the bundle so it now costs £400.

Anyway, everyone entitled to their own opinion on this, including me. Stock has gone now and I guess he deal is over, so it's not even a question for me anymore.

If a joypad (or lack of) doesn't stop people buying the bundle I don't see why an extra £100 would, so this will hopefully keep selling well.
Maybe with a larger customer base companies will make more VR content and that increases the chances there will be enough that I want to play when the next gen of VR comes along.

Soldato
Yeah, but they included the joypad at the reduced price. If they'd removed the joypad when they did the price drop I'd have no issue with it.

If the joypad is no longer needed people can sell them, make £40 or whatever.
People could have bought the bundle for £400 and sold the joypad for ~£40, making the total cost £360.
Then they stopped doing the joypad in the bundle so it now costs £400.

Anyway, everyone entitled to their own opinion on this, including me. Stock has gone now and I guess he deal is over, so it's not even a question for me anymore.

If a joypad (or lack of) doesn't stop people buying the bundle I don't see why an extra £100 would, so this will hopefully keep selling well.
Maybe with a larger customer base companies will make more VR content and that increases the chances there will be enough that I want to play when the next gen of VR comes along.

They did remove the joypad with their price drop. The £399 price was a summer sale getting rid of the old bundle. The £499 price is for the new bundle that doesn't include the controller or the remote. The demand was so high for the £399 that they ran out of stock everywhere for the old bundle. Rather than stop the summer sale early, they supplied the new bundle.

Talk about a moan about nothing.

And who is going to pay £40 for a second hand xbox controller that you can buy for £25?

Soldato
They did remove the joypad with their price drop. The £399 price was a summer sale getting rid of the old bundle. The £499 price is for the new bundle that doesn't include the controller or the remote. The demand was so high for the £399 that they ran out of stock everywhere for the old bundle. Rather than stop the summer sale early, they supplied the new bundle.

Talk about a moan about nothing.

And who is going to pay £40 for a second hand xbox controller that you can buy for £25?
I meant the sale price drop rather than the price drop price drop...
Where can you get an XBOX ONE controller for £25? They're £50 on OcUK (which is why I said £40 unused 2nd hand).

Associate
I run my Rift with a 290 and haven't noticed any issues, frame rates are good in all the games I've tried with no noticeable drops. It doesn't really have enough power to do super-sampling though, so I'll probably grab a Vega 56 once the AIB cards come out. Not going to risk the reference blower; I once owned a pair of reference 290s, which is not an experience I care to repeat.

Soldato
I meant the sale price drop rather than the price drop price drop...
Where can you get an XBOX ONE controller for £25? They're £50 on OcUK (which is why I said £40 unused 2nd hand).

The sale price drop included the remote and controller at first. They just sold much faster than Oculus, or anyone else for that matter, expected. The sale price was so low to get rid of the old bundle before they started selling the new bundle at £499.

I was talking about second hand prices. search around, you can get them for a lot less than £40.

Soldato
The sale price drop included the remote and controller at first. They just sold much faster than Oculus, or anyone else for that matter, expected. The sale price was so low to get rid of the old bundle before they started selling the new bundle at £499.

Yeah, it just feels like they're ripping me off now because they were giving you an XBOX ONE controller (and the remote) for the same price (£400). Now they're giving you less for the same amount. If they'd reduced the sale price when they reduced the contents I'd have felt better about it, even if it wasn't reduced by the cost of the controller and remote.

I was talking about second hand prices. search around, you can get them for a lot less than £40.
I wouldn't want 2nd, I've already got one of them and, well, that's why I want another controller.
To be fair though you can get XBOX ONE controllers cheaper than I thought if you look around.

Back
Top Bottom