** OCULUS RIFT VR HEADSET SAVE £200 LIMITED PERIOD ONLY **

Permabanned
I think Oculus have aligned with Steam, 2 hours play and/or 14 days when I was looking at the Oculus sale items...they did reserve the right to refuse though...and I haven't tried to refund anything yet.

Glad they've seen sense, but that doesn't help the early users who have already been burnt by their previous policy.

Soldato
Sheer numbers. Vive and PSVR have been outselling Oculus hand over fist. Heck so is the google daydream :(

add the zenimax case situation and you got yourselves a firesale. (maybes haha)

https://haptic.al/latest-virtual-reality-headset-sales-so-far-9553e42f60b5

https://www.viarbox.com/single-post/Virtual-Reality-HMD-Sales-Numbers-in-Q1

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-fights-sales-ban-for-virtual-reality-headset

I think these figures are a bit outdated and they are only estimations. Remember The Rift only got touch controllers in December, before that everybody recommended the Vive because of roomscale. Then the Rift price reduction only happened in March. These things will take a little while to gain momentum. But, even look at these forums, there are a lot of new Rift owners since March. And now this Sale. Will be interesting to see what happens and you maybe right, but I don't see it happening.

Hmm interesting, Ive not been following this and it is a good point that maybe the Oculus could end up being the Betamax of VR?

I don't think it will. In fact it's not that situation it all, it doesn't have to be one or the other. The market is big enough for several players. What's more important than anything is that more and more people get into VR.

Soldato
I think these figures are a bit outdated and they are only estimations. Remember The Rift only got touch controllers in December, before that everybody recommended the Vive because of roomscale. Then the Rift price reduction only happened in March. These things will take a little while to gain momentum. But, even look at these forums, there are a lot of new Rift owners since March. And now this Sale. Will be interesting to see what happens and you maybe right, but I don't see it happening.

• Q1 2017
  • Gear VR: 782,000

• Playstation VR: 375,000

• Google DayDream: 170,000

• HTC Vive: 95,000

• Oculus Rift: 64,000
If you have more recent figures then share with the rest of the class ;)

Soldato
If you have more recent figures then share with the rest of the class ;)

But you see the problem, you don't have figures to share either, nobody does. HTC and Oculus haven't released any sales figures, your links are only estimations. And even then, the estimations have to be of out of date as the price drop only happened in March, Star Trek bridge crew only released at the end of May.

Soldato
Mine wouldnt fit and they are not big framed especially. the problem was not the front frame but the sides and the bit over the ears. I could use them without the glasses but this increased the headache and my eyes would water, not focus and the image was slightly blurred. I am long sighted in one eye and short sighted in the other. Adjusting them made no difference.

Anyway if James Cameron's claims are true his new Avatar films in 3D without glasses could lead to VR without a headset ! Yeah in about 50 years.

Soldato
Surely you can set the rift up to scale to your site if you know your prescription?!?!

You can buy 3rd party prescription lenses that can be fixed inside, there is no way to adjust the rift itself, there is an eye width adjustment on the bottom of the headset but that is it.

Associate
Mine wouldnt fit and they are not big framed especially. the problem was not the front frame but the sides and the bit over the ears. I could use them without the glasses but this increased the headache and my eyes would water, not focus and the image was slightly blurred. I am long sighted in one eye and short sighted in the other. Adjusting them made no difference.

Anyway if James Cameron's claims are true his new Avatar films in 3D without glasses could lead to VR without a headset ! Yeah in about 50 years.

My glasses are huge and I can get them on...put the glasses in place then fit the whole thing over your head, sorted. I do prefer contacts though because it does press on the nosepiece a little, I've got a new facial interface set en route which will hopefully sort this out.

Soldato

https://vr-lens-lab.com/product/vr-frames-virtual-reality-glasses/

You can get prescription glasses that fit inside the Rift or Vive. No excuses anymore.

Back
Top Bottom