Oculus Rift

They've just announced the release of Eve: Valkyrie next year.

A VR dogfighter set in the Eve Universe.

Looks flipping amazing... all we need now is the return of Thrustmaster joysticks!

TriDef, a commercial 3D driver maker for films/games, have announced support for the Oculus Rift. I can confirm the beta of their drivers is working well!

I tried playing Chivalry and it's flipping amazing fun! Having a sword at your head in proper 3D is pretty flipping frightening. :D

You have a Dev kit? How is it, will the wait be worth it? :D

My devkit took a week from order to turning up so the supply problems are improved. There's a few minutes long EVE Valkyrie trailer up on Youtube and it is STUNNING.

I really cant wait for the consumer version.

I've just watched Tron on vrplayer with the Rift and a set of 5.1 cans. Even with the low resolution it was probably the best way to watch a movie short of going to the IMAX, maybe better. There's something about having the screen fill your entire field of view without craning your neck that trumps resolution.

Years ago back in the time of CRT screens, I had a set of shutter glasses and they were a fun novelty - much like glasses you get these days. It's fun having a little 3d window in front of you. The people with 3 displays are starting to get a feel for what it's like.

The Rift, it's something else.

Mine arrived today, maybe 2 weeks since order.

Tried a few of the rollercoaster things and they were decent, good but not amazing to be fair.

However, I tried Minecrift and at first it was great... and then I met a cow. :)

It was great, for some reason being so close to a minecraft cow has made my day

Really want to order one of these, but the long delivery time puts me off a bit.
I think I'll be on holiday for the expected delivery date if ordered over the next week. :(

If only you could just walk into a shop and thrown money at someone to get a Rift!

Back
Top Bottom