Oculus Rift

Really considering selling mine now just after cost + p&p but dont wanna try the bay and dont have enough posts for members market here,, any advice where would be a good place to sell?

We have one of these at work since the day the developer kit was released. It is really good. A screen for each eye and can look around. Not good for the desktop though, so it doesn't replace the monitor. Made me a little disorientated after a while.

Last edited:
I've got mine, but it's not to be opened until Saturday. Looking forward to it.

Does anyone have a 'quick set up' or dos/don'ts for it? I've got Doom 3 BFG, all the Source games, Minecraft and Quakespasm to be getting right into (and some travel sickness tablets!).

I've got mine, but it's not to be opened until Saturday. Looking forward to it.

Does anyone have a 'quick set up' or dos/don'ts for it? I've got Doom 3 BFG, all the Source games, Minecraft and Quakespasm to be getting right into (and some travel sickness tablets!).

Don't forget to report back. This sounds very promising if it lives up to the hype.

I wish that they hurry up and release the consumer version, I don't really have the money to buy a dev kit then the consumer one later. Have they said anything on price yet or will it be the same as the dev kit?

It is.. but it also has some of the rift calibration settings set up wrong so it makes you want to puke as soon as you start moving about in the game and I'm not sure why.

Half Life 2 was okay on it, but I did start to get motion sickness after a little while. Of all the first person games I got on best with Dishonored

I wish that they hurry up and release the consumer version, I don't really have the money to buy a dev kit then the consumer one later. Have they said anything on price yet or will it be the same as the dev kit?

I don't think they've said, but I've got the impression that they're trying to keep it around that area and it will be "affordable". My money is on £250.

I'm hoping to hear some news around a release date early in the new year.

any heads up on what the best control input is with the oculus - leap motion or razer hydra or something else? - Certainly like the idea of the leap not having additional wires and purely using your hands as the control methods but unsure on the support and SDK potential with oculus.

any heads up on what the best control input is with the oculus - leap motion or razer hydra or something else? - Certainly like the idea of the leap not having additional wires and purely using your hands as the control methods but unsure on the support and SDK potential with oculus.

I got the leap dev kit back in the summer and played around with it. I wouldn't hold out too much hope for it, certainly not worth £70. It's accuracy is just too poor to ever work as a decent controller.

Something else: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/89577853/stem-system-the-best-way-to-interact-with-virtual

Razer's update to the Hydra. Hopefully out sooner rather than later.

Obviously while you're waiting on it though the Hydra works fine, just that it's wired. With the dev kit a lot of demos use the hydra. Only one or two that use the leap. Easily develop your own thing though.

Im getting an Omni and a Razer. I imagine ill tire of the Omni ultra quick, or more likely just stand in it and use the razer to move lol. Still, I like the 'getting health(ier)' idea.

New version of the rift is being demo'd.

OLED screen with motion sensing camera.

clicky

Can't wait to have a go at this version. Hope a new dev kit is available to buy soon.

and...

Here's a reaction of my stepfather when he first tried my rift VR Coaster demo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom