Oculus Rift

Associate
I have just connected a 4th sensor in front of my newly installed Obutto R3verlution cockpit, I have placed the other 3 on the ceiling and run the cables through the loft.

I got really good standing coverage across my small room for the 3 sensors, but really wanted to try some sims out in VR and it made sense to buy the Obutto and get rid of my desk space.

I am still in the process of rebuilding my man cave and will load up some pictures/video of my set up when I have finished putting it all back together.:D

For anyone interested here's what my man cave looked like before I decided to renovate. You can see my sensor mounted above my monitor, and it gave a good seated experience.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rwDblsFwpY[/media]

Last edited:
Associate
For anyone interested here's what my man cave looked like before I decided to renovate. You can see my sensor mounted above my monitor, and it gave a good seated experience.

Fantastic collection of stuff that'll need to be kept out of reach when you're using your Rift and swinging your arms about :D

Associate
Yes, I plan on moving a lot off stuff out of the way to cheat room for flailing arms. The problem is I don't have a lot of room. Here's my ceiling mounted sensors and the monitor mounted sensor on my aptley name Acer Predator. The ceiling mount were filthy cheap security camera mounts from Amazon.

IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
There is something wrong with my rift where it keeps going on and off. The error message 'please connect the HDMI' appears then after a few seconds goes and it works again but this happens every couple of minutes. I've only had it since October.

Associate
There is something wrong with my rift where it keeps going on and off. The error message 'please connect the HDMI' appears then after a few seconds goes and it works again but this happens every couple of minutes. I've only had it since October.

Are you using a USB extension or have it plugged into a USB 2 port?

Associate
Nope, it's plugged directly into a usb 3.0 port on the back on my computer. I've emailed oculus support to see what they suggest.

I had a similar problem with a USB cable that I thought was 3.0 and turned out to be 2.0 Have you tried unplugging all USB attachments and swapping the Rift lead around?

Associate

Had this since I got mine, seems to be hit and miss. Some days it just works, others it's awkward. Not found a perm solution yet.

Associate
Had my Oculus since summer and love it for iRacing.

Looking to branch out and explore VR further, I've just placed an order for Touch plus 3rd sensor.

Can anyone recommend known working cables to extend HDMI? Has anyone tried using the Vive Link box with Rift? I like the idea that should I over tension cables it will be from this intermediate box rather than back panel of PC.

Associate
Had this since I got mine, seems to be hit and miss. Some days it just works, others it's awkward. Not found a perm solution yet.

Oculus did suggest that if this was to happen, then go back to the oculus.com/setup page a re-run through the process and that could cure the issue of people who are having HDMI disconnection problems.

Taff

Associate
Ordered the touch controllers, haven't seen anything impressive visually but we'll see if these change anything.

Also ordered a USB 3 hub for my other devices and a HDMI extension cable.

Associate
Just got a Rift, it was a hard decision of whether to get a Rift or a Vive, but I'm only really interested in the seated experiences so I went with the Rift and all I can say at the moment after trying Elite Dangerous is WOW.

I tried a Vive at Christmas and (personally) I didn't like how there appeared to be a very small area of focus when looking around with only my eyes and not moving my head, I've tried the same thing in the Rift and the area that is in focus seems a lot larger.

So far I'm VERY impressed with it, I've had a look through a few other threads and got a bit of info from them here and there, does anyone have some 'Must Know' tips or info they could share with me about anything I might not be aware of, recommendations and so on, thanks.

Soldato
Just got a Rift, it was a hard decision of whether to get a Rift or a Vive, but I'm only really interested in the seated experiences so I went with the Rift and all I can say at the moment after trying Elite Dangerous is WOW.

Impressive isnt it, if your into car games I would also recommend Project Cars ;)

Back
Top Bottom