Oculus Rift

spp

spp

Associate
Gah, set my new Oculus Rift up last night and all seemed fine. Fired the PC up this evening and the right screen doesn't seem to be working. It's just black. Had a good wiggle of all the cables, reinstalled video drivers and Oculus software to no avail. Anyone else come across this issue? From a quick search of Google, it seems to be a known problem to do with a faulty screen?

Associate
Gah, set my new Oculus Rift up last night and all seemed fine. Fired the PC up this evening and the right screen doesn't seem to be working. It's just black. Had a good wiggle of all the cables, reinstalled video drivers and Oculus software to no avail. Anyone else come across this issue? From a quick search of Google, it seems to be a known problem to do with a faulty screen?

Just create a ticket, if you bought from Oculus go to https://support.oculus.com/, otherwise go to your retailer.

Associate
Isn't there also an issue with the new windows update causing some issues

Some say they've had problems, some say they have none. So yeah, that's probably more issues with the upgrade than with the Rift. If you did upgrade and you have issues, they'd love to hear about it through a ticket (would also need your log file).

Asa

Asa

Associate
What are you plugging it into, and what colour is the little light by the sensor (just inside the face foam, top centre)? The Rift is really fussy with ports and adapters.

Associate
Some people seem to have problems with driver revisions that cause this problem. Check this thread on r/oculus: https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/76kq52/psa_nvidia_38792_drivers_broke_my_rift_spoiler_it/

Associate
So just after having my Rift for two days one of
the touch controllers developed a clicking noise when pressing the trigger and the next day the second one is doing the same.
Seriously I have never seen a controller that wears out just after few hours of use.
As I don't want any downtime by sending it back I thought I'm going to open them up and see what's going on.
Turns out that there are some little rubber stoppers to prevent the noise but they are stuck there with a little adhesive and nothing else to stop them sliding sideways.
Design flaw is what it is. I do not understand how could they design it like that as to me it's obvious that sooner or later this thing will get displaced.

Associate
So just after having my Rift for two days one of
the touch controllers developed a clicking noise when pressing the trigger and the next day the second one is doing the same.
Seriously I have never seen a controller that wears out just after few hours of use.
As I don't want any downtime by sending it back I thought I'm going to open them up and see what's going on.
Turns out that there are some little rubber stoppers to prevent the noise but they are stuck there with a little adhesive and nothing else to stop them sliding sideways.
Design flaw is what it is. I do not understand how could they design it like that as to me it's obvious that sooner or later this thing will get displaced.
Interesting, what did you do to fix them?

spp

spp

Associate
What are you plugging it into, and what colour is the little light by the sensor (just inside the face foam, top centre)? The Rift is really fussy with ports and adapters.

I can't remember, but think it was white? I plugged straight into the HDMI port on my GTX1060. Worked fine the first day. Just didn't work thereafter. Today I set up a new installation of Windows on a fresh HDD and re-installed Oculus software, same problem.

Some people seem to have problems with driver revisions that cause this problem. Check this thread on r/oculus: https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/76kq52/psa_nvidia_38792_drivers_broke_my_rift_spoiler_it/

I wondered about this, but then my re-installation of Windows ruled this out (I started with a new installation of Windows on Sunday and everything worked fine. I created a new installation today and have the same issue).

I'm almost certain it's a hardware issue and have contacted OcUK regarding a replacement. The short time I had with it was great though.

Soldato
Just played some more Alien Isolation with the VR mod and holy hell, Immense is an understatement :D

On a side note I got a Rift + Touch stand :)

9m4SBGe.png

Super glued them in place.

Was it difficult to take apart ? My right controller also has a click as it seems the rubber stopper has moved.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom