Oculus Rift

Soldato
Playing elite dangerous last night doing some intense dog fighting with a bounty in an asteroid belt around a planet and with the Rift it gave me the biggest cheshire cat grin ever, Immense ! :D

Its the sense of scale which gets me. When you enter a new Dock. On auto pilot so you can have a good look round.
I still want to puke using the SRV over bumps though..lol

Soldato
Its the sense of scale which gets me. When you enter a new Dock. On auto pilot so you can have a good look round.
I still want to puke using the SRV over bumps though..lol

The moment I got my Beluga I thought it was large inside, I put the Rift on and it was a whole other ship, Cavernous, And IMO this is why FD need to work on some more social options like space legs, Being able to explore your ship if you have 1 of the big ones etc..... so you can invite your friends on and all see eachother.

If Star Wars Galaxies could do it 10 years ago I'm sure FD could do it now.

Associate
Just jumped into Rec Room for the first time in what must be several months and had a go at Laser Tag (open beta for this weekend). Fun stuff - 2 small teams (3v3 iirc) with each team also supported by bots. Worth checking out if you want something to try this weekend.

Associate
Just jumped into Rec Room for the first time in what must be several months and had a go at Laser Tag (open beta for this weekend). Fun stuff - 2 small teams (3v3 iirc) with each team also supported by bots. Worth checking out if you want something to try this weekend.

Didn't get time to try it this weekend. Is it essentially the same as the jumbotron game but against another team? Looking forward to having a go when it's released.

Associate
Didn't get time to try it this weekend. Is it essentially the same as the jumbotron game but against another team? Looking forward to having a go when it's released.

Yes pretty much. I have only played a couple of games in it. Very fun but I prefer jumbotron at the moment. It might be a question of getting used to teleport for the pvp. I'm used to smooth loco when i play pvp. But i have been enjoying teleport in cover type games in pve. I'm sure when i am used to it, i will be really liking the Laser tag. The dark neon lit theme is great :)

Soldato
I'd like smooth loco for pvp. Teleport gets a bit frustrating for me (mainly when your target zips away from your shot). Still, I enjoyed the jumbotron aesthetic so might be worth a go. Need to get some time on my rift as I have been booked solid every weekend it feels like!

Associate
Onward is on the Oculus Home Store for £14.99 incase someone’s missed it.

Bought it on a whim, wonderful game! Completely different animal to Pavlov and BAM, but it does make for a refreshing change of pace, it’s slow and methodical because dying in the early stages of a match isn’t much fun when your sitting the rest of the round out, but pulling of a kill feels very rewarding

Associate
Looking to get my first VR and am leaning towards the Rift due to cost and the fact i don't really have room to be jumping about, so would be mostly seated.

I am very interested in trying out quite a few non VR games with Vopfx and wondered how this worked.
Is it still possible to use a keyboard/mouse ? Does my mouse still rotate the screen or am I totally dependent on spinning my chair?

Soldato
Looking to get my first VR and am leaning towards the Rift due to cost and the fact i don't really have room to be jumping about, so would be mostly seated.

I am very interested in trying out quite a few non VR games with Vopfx and wondered how this worked.
Is it still possible to use a keyboard/mouse ? Does my mouse still rotate the screen or am I totally dependent on spinning my chair?

From my own experience Rift has ever so slightly better/clearer picture than Vive, MUCH better controllers, Less clunky and much lower price, Not really any downside.

You can use a M+K no problem with a lot of VR games or games running in VR like Alien Isolation, Project Cars, Elite Dangerous etc.... it's only the rift specific games that need the included motion controllers.

Soldato
Just had my G29 delivered to work - Looking forward to getting home and trying driving with a Steering Wheel in VR :D :D

It's pretty surreal, I myself don't have a steering wheel but a mate of mine has, With pedals, And in VR PCARS and Dirt Rally are amazing, There are moments you really do forget you're wearing a headset.

Back
Top Bottom