Oculus Rift

Associate
Tried Super Hot for the first time. Such a laugh. Punched my printer, knocked a load of stuff off my windowsill.

Ended up at the "look down" bit and had to take the headset off. Couldn't cope! :D

Associate
Does anyone else get messages popping up in Steam games regarding the distance between the lenses?
I was playing around in The Lab yesterday in SteamVR and often saw the info box appearing.
Is my Rift faulty or just a Steam thing?
I don't get any messages popping up playing games from Oculus home

Last edited:
Associate
Tried Super Hot for the first time. Such a laugh. Punched my printer, knocked a load of stuff off my windowsill.

Ended up at the "look down" bit and had to take the headset off. Couldn't cope! :D

Superhot VR is great fun - my only gripe is (as with most VR games), it's too short! Even my girlfriend likes it, I've never heard so much swearing.

Permabanned
Does anyone else get messages popping up in Steam games regarding the distance between the lenses?
I was playing around in The Lab yesterday in SteamVR and often saw the info box appearing.
Is my Rift faulty or just a Steam thing?
I don't get any messages popping up playing games from Oculus home

Is it possible that your IPD slider is just a little sensitive? Reset it, as it may be sitting between two settings.

Associate
Also tried Robo Recall last night, fantastic game but had a few occlusion issues, particularly with the controllers, so ordered a third sensor and a few decent quality USB/HDMI extension cables. Ordered directly from Oculus, anyone know how long roughly it should take?

Soldato
Also tried Robo Recall last night, fantastic game but had a few occlusion issues, particularly with the controllers, so ordered a third sensor and a few decent quality USB/HDMI extension cables. Ordered directly from Oculus, anyone know how long roughly it should take?

I ordered one on the 10th and it hasn't been dispatched yet, I dropped Oculus a support ticket to find out what the delay is a few hours ago.

Associate
Just had to order a new cable from Oculus after getting tangled in mine and bending/killing the USB plug :(
Added another sensor to the order too.

Think i need some extension cables.
Can anyone recommend some they're currently using with the headset please?

@Razor Time did your get your order sorted?
Looks like I probably won't be using mine till after the new year

Last edited:
Soldato
@Razor Time did your get your order sorted?
Looks like I probably won't be using mine till after the new year

I didnt mate, Oculus have been next to useless on the customer support side (still no reply bar a generic 'we are looking into it'). Something seems to be wrong with my account as I tried to buy a game last night and it failed. All payment methods were removed and the site wont allow me to add back paypal and every card I add fails. I have contacted my bank and they say everything is fine on their end and that no transactions have come from Oculus.

Doing a bit of online searching it seems a known issue that a fair few have had and they all complain that Oculus customer support is slow and ineffective (some are quoting 10+ days to get it sorted). I am half tempted just to give up on the order of the extra sensor from Oculus and buy an extra controller pack as it comes with an extra sensor bundled in the pack. I can sell off the extra controller or just keep it as a spare.

Overall a very disappointing and poor show from Oculus as I ordered the sensor on the 10th of December along with a few games, games have been added to my account but no movement on the sensor.

BTW does anyone know if the sensor pack from Oculus comes with a USB extension cable?

Associate
Just had to order a new cable from Oculus after getting tangled in mine and bending/killing the USB plug :(
Added another sensor to the order too.

Think i need some extension cables.
Can anyone recommend some they're currently using with the headset please?

Indeed- wanted an extra couple of metres on my headset primarily for strain relief, so did a bit of research and ended up with:

"Cable Matters SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Extension Cable in Black 2m"
and
"UGREEN HDMI Cable Extension 2m, HDMI Male to Female Extender Lead Support 4K 3D HDR for Nintendo Switch, TV Stick, Chromecast, Roku, Oculus Rift, PC"

From a well-known site... Working fine so far.

Also ordered an active 5m extension for my upcoming extra sensor- couldn't get a reliable consensus on whether one was included or not, so ordered:

"UGREEN USB Extension Cable, 5m USB 2.0 Active Repeater, USB Male to Female Lead With Signal Amplification Active Cord for Printers,Keyboards, Game Con"

Associate
Perfect, thanks @CGrieves
Ordered those two and some spring clamps to hold the sensors.

I haven't even purchased any games yet lol
I like the look of things like Elite Dangerous, but I can't see me being able to stomach the movement.
Was hoping to try the pcars2 demo this weekend, but my xbox pad was delayed (old wheel doesn't like my current desk) and now this - doh!

I find it kindof amazing that the visuals can fool my brain like this though. I even feel anxious purposefully stepping off the edge of things, despite knowing that in the real world there's solid floor there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom