Oculus Rift

Associate
I've noticed that since I down/upgraded to Windows 10 I'm getting very small head-set tracking glitches. At least I think they're tracking glitches - there are very small brief judders on occasion. For the most part VR works great, but now I've noticed these little glitches it's got super annoying. I don't think its supersampling as it happens in games where I don't supersample. I've turned off all the sleep modes/power saving for USB, and tried moving the sensors around the various USB ports.

I do notice slight glitches in tracking when games are loading, but it's fine once in-game, so maybe it's I/O related? I'd check if your storage driver- it could be using a default Windows version instead of the latest vendor driver.

Soldato
I think I've fixed this - I had the EVGA app running, and quitting this seemed to fix the small glitches. Played an hour long session of Elite last night with no glitches whatsoever. I also found that I hadn't turned off the power saving on one of the USB3 controllers, so that might have made a difference too.

Soldato
I think I've fixed this - I had the EVGA app running, and quitting this seemed to fix the small glitches. Played an hour long session of Elite last night with no glitches whatsoever. I also found that I hadn't turned off the power saving on one of the USB3 controllers, so that might have made a difference too.

AfterBurner and HWInfo have been known to cause similar glitch issues, I only run them to check or set an overclock and when playing games ensure all other utils are shutdown.

Associate
Recently extended my rift/sensors with some cables mentioned in this thread (cable matters 2m USB and uGreenHDMI 2m) and it works 99% of the time but seems to get signal loss every so often on the Headset.

This just something I have to live with considering its not officially supported?

Associate
Recently extended my rift/sensors with some cables mentioned in this thread (cable matters 2m USB and uGreenHDMI 2m) and it works 99% of the time but seems to get signal loss every so often on the Headset.

This just something I have to live with considering its not officially supported?
I use a 3m cables matters USB and 3m KabelDirekt hdmi without issue on my headset. 2 sensors run off a usb 3 hub which is ran to my desktop via a single 3m cables matters USB and then the 3rd sensors ran with the bundled usb2 active repeater cable.

No issues with all the above and 360 tracking :)

Associate
Cheers been waiting for this.
Certainly a blast (no pun intended), surprising how flustered you can get with the cardboard Zombies in a pitch black warehouse with only a rail mounted torch :D

Any Nvidia users experiencing issues in the 390.xx series drivers there have been multiple reports on Oculus and Reddit of issues with the Rift and Vive e.g. black screen, unresponsive after extended periods. Rolling back to a 38x.xx driver seems to fix the issue. Oculus and Nvidia are asking for bug submissions :)

https://forums.oculusvr.com/communi...rift-not-working-with-nvidia-driver-390-65/p1

Soldato
Certainly a blast (no pun intended), surprising how flustered you can get with the cardboard Zombies in a pitch black warehouse with only a rail mounted torch :D

Any Nvidia users experiencing issues in the 390.xx series drivers there have been multiple reports on Oculus and Reddit of issues with the Rift and Vive e.g. black screen, unresponsive after extended periods. Rolling back to a 38x.xx driver seems to fix the issue. Oculus and Nvidia are asking for bug submissions :)

https://forums.oculusvr.com/communi...rift-not-working-with-nvidia-driver-390-65/p1

Yeah, I am having those problems. Have to restart multiple times before it sorts itself out. I was blaming the Oculus update, but, learned after that it was Nvidia's drivers.

Soldato
Air car is one of the few games that makes me feel a bit 'off', and I've got great VR legs. It's due to the way the rotation works. I don't have that problem with other flying games that use different flight mechanics.

I've flown in a Chipmunk two seater trainer on a pleasure flight (even got to fly it for a bit!) and flying prop-driven fighter planes in VR feels uncannily close to that.

Man of Honour
Air car I was fine in, I've been in a 2 man plane before and I got the same feeling in Air Car as I did from that, Was amazing.

Lone Echo though, I nearly blew chunks.

I loved lone echo and completed it but after my first binge on it I didn't feel safe to drive I was so dizzy and spun out. Had shorter sessions following that and was mostly ok. The movement in it is brilliant.

Soldato
Picked up a Rift last night and I'm blown away... I have a daydream and pixel XL which gave a decent VR experience but nothing compared to the Rift.

I tried Aircar as above and was amazed by it, I didn't experience any motion sickness but did get a little disoriented when moving a thumb stick in the wrong direction. I'm assuming that elite dangerous is similar graphically?

Associate
Picked up a Rift last night and I'm blown away... I have a daydream and pixel XL which gave a decent VR experience but nothing compared to the Rift.

I tried Aircar as above and was amazed by it, I didn't experience any motion sickness but did get a little disoriented when moving a thumb stick in the wrong direction. I'm assuming that elite dangerous is similar graphically?

Nah, ED is totally different in both scale and experience..... try it ;)

Back
Top Bottom