Oculus Rift

Associate
Any recommendation's for a powered usb hub?,all of my usb ports are used,and had to plug my keyboard into a front port as the usb on the Y section of cable is very short,so need recommendation on a single usb extender cable too,thank's all.
I use a "UGREEN 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub with 1m Cable" from the rain forest works great for 1 sensor and HS for me having 2 sensors in seemed to cause issues.
Has a optional (not included) power input that I dont use.

Soldato
Finally got my rift today and ran into a small problem. My gpu has 3 display ports and only 1 hdmi.

So I need a DP to hdmi adaptor. My TV is 4k so will I have any problems with this?

Also can I get sound to come out of the TV as well as the rift? So people watching can hear what I'm hearing

Soldato
Finally got my rift today and ran into a small problem. My gpu has 3 display ports and only 1 hdmi.

So I need a DP to hdmi adaptor. My TV is 4k so will I have any problems with this?

Also can I get sound to come out of the TV as well as the rift? So people watching can hear what I'm hearing

-I use, 'CSL - 4K Ultra HD Displayport to HDMI adapter with audio transmission' ;) for my Rift. £8.99.

-Nah

-
  • Open Oculus Home
  • click the Gear icon in the top right
  • Select Settings
  • Choose the picture of the headset labelled Rift
  • For "Audio Output in VR," select Both (audio mirroring)
then
  • Back in Windows, left click the volume icon in your system tray (bottom right corner of your screen)
  • Change the output device from the Rift headphones to your speakers.

Soldato
-I use, 'CSL - 4K Ultra HD Displayport to HDMI adapter with audio transmission' ;) for my Rift. £8.99.

-Nah

-

Sorry just to check - you run the rift on that displayport to hdmi adaptor or you run your 4k screen on that and the rift to the native hdmi?

I'm currently using a Ugreen displayport to hdmi adaptor for my 4k TV but it's rubbish - screen comes on with green fuzz for about a minute until it then vanishes and when the display sleeps sometimes the only way to get image back is to unplug and replug the connector. I tried it on my rift rather than the 4k tv and the experience was awful with picture cutting in and out etc.

Soldato
Sorry just to check - you run the rift on that displayport to hdmi adaptor or you run your 4k screen on that and the rift to the native hdmi?

I'm currently using a Ugreen displayport to hdmi adaptor for my 4k TV but it's rubbish - screen comes on with green fuzz for about a minute until it then vanishes and when the display sleeps sometimes the only way to get image back is to unplug and replug the connector. I tried it on my rift rather than the 4k tv and the experience was awful with picture cutting in and out etc.

on my 1080:
HDMI -> living room AVAMP -> OLED 4K
DP -> Rift via dongle
DP -> Dell monitor

Back
Top Bottom