Oculus Rift

Soldato
Bought my first games in ages. Have just been playing Rec Room, Table tennis and Thrill of the Fight recently. I want to get seriously into Elite Dangerous, but every time I sit down to play I just find myself making excuses and playing something else.

So I sat down today to try and spend some quality time in Elite again today and ended up browsing the Steam Store and buying two games instead!! I purchased Tee Time Golf and The Wizards. Always wanted to try a golf game and this looked fun and reasonably priced, so based on @lokiss recommendation I got it.

And for anyone interested The Wizards is on sale today. 60% off. So I bought it, sounds like a good game.

Soldato
I've read somewhere that the rift has a common fault with the headset where the headphones become faulty. It's seem mine has gone faulty. If I wiggly it about it starts working again.

Worth sending back ?

Associate
I've read somewhere that the rift has a common fault with the headset where the headphones become faulty. It's seem mine has gone faulty. If I wiggly it about it starts working again.

Worth sending back ?
If it’s not right definitely send it back, over on the oculus Reddit oculus customer care seem to be everywhere, it looks as though oculus are very keen to publicly show that they are putting there early poor reputation behind them. Maybe post your issue there and hope Oculus themselves reply?

Soldato
If it’s not right definitely send it back, over on the oculus Reddit oculus customer care seem to be everywhere, it looks as though oculus are very keen to publicly show that they are putting there early poor reputation behind them. Maybe post your issue there and hope Oculus themselves reply?

I don't really like that forum. The layout is very odd looking to me.

I might make a account to get it sorted tho

Cheers

Soldato

Worth sending back ?

First try tightening the plastic screw in the headset headband where the headphone is attached. You should have been given a plastic screwdriver with the rift for this.

Associate
Same rig for me, which is in my attic, so the sloping ceilings aren't ideal, and I don't have much room for room scale. Plus it get really hot in summer, so VR in those conditions isn't viable. :( I'd like to have a setup in my living room, but can't really justify the expense.
I'm in the same situation. Haven't played much vr for about 2 and a half months. Sloping roof means I have approximately 1.5 X 2.2m of space. VR is still awesome though

Soldato
on my 1080:
HDMI -> living room AVAMP -> OLED 4K
DP -> Rift via dongle
DP -> Dell monitor

Hey using this setup is it easy to use your living room speakers instead of the ear phones provided?

I don't have a rift yet but have similar setup to you and I will have to buy the lead you recommended to the other person so thanks.

Soldato
Hey using this setup is it easy to use your living room speakers instead of the ear phones provided

You don't want to use living room speakers (or any external speakers) for Rift audio. The audio is highly positional, and you will lose a huge part of the immersion if you don't use headphones / earbuds.

Soldato
Hey using this setup is it easy to use your living room speakers instead of the ear phones provided?

I don't have a rift yet but have similar setup to you and I will have to buy the lead you recommended to the other person so thanks.
the rift and pc are in the bedroom use a long HDMI to the living room. You should just be able to use whatever default audio device you want, think Oculus tray tools let you set this up.

Soldato
the rift and pc are in the bedroom use a long HDMI to the living room. You should just be able to use whatever default audio device you want, think Oculus tray tools let you set this up.
Ok thanks

You don't want to use living room speakers (or any external speakers) for Rift audio. The audio is highly positional, and you will lose a huge part of the immersion if you don't use headphones / earbuds.
I read a few people saying that sound was good when using home cinema system? You prefer using the ones it comes with then?

I haven't bought one yet, quite excited about getting one after seeing some recent videos. They look a lot of fun.

Back
Top Bottom