Oculus Rift

Orders in now will be around August time, I think.

Rumours are abound for a shipping date very, very soon on the OR forums, as in, within the next 48 hours...

Orders in now will be around August time, I think.

Rumours are abound for a shipping date very, very soon on the OR forums, as in, within the next 48 hours...
This it what it said when I ordered mine last week.
I'm tempted! What's the approximate total cost for shipping one to the UK?
All in I paid £280.60, although it may vary very slightly due to the exchange rate.

Ordered mine at the weekend and it was £281 I think. August date.

Have you actually been charged already then? I only had a 30 pound charge taken on my card? Assumed the rest is billed on shipment or something. So presumably the final payment will depend on the exchange rate at the time of shipping

Have you actually been charged already then? I only had a 30 pound charge taken on my card? Assumed the rest is billed on shipment or something. So presumably the final payment will depend on the exchange rate at the time of shipping

You're charged $50 at the time of order, then the rest when it ships if you pay by card.

If it's PayPal, then the full amount is paid at the point of order.

Good question, re: exchange rate at the time of the second payment, no idea about that one.

Just read that only 10,000 of the 45,000 preorders are gonna ship in July. So chances of me getting one before September/October are pretty remote I imagine :(

I installed Half Life 2 yesterday and found a nice option for VR has appeared :)

Think i'll wait to hear people's thoughts of DK2 around August time and maybe place and order for DK2 / later version.

The Forrest will be great with it

So shipping will be by 14th July for the first 5k ordered if I read this post correctly?

https://developer.oculusvr.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10044

The sales opened up on 19th March @ 08:00 PDT, so according to the order page I ordered mine within 19 hours of them going on sale.

Date: Mar 20, 2014 02:54 AM PDT

Status:PENDING:Your order is pending. Please see the reason(s) below.

Error(s):
Your order is awaiting inventory before it can be fulfilled. We will notify you when it's about to be shipped.

Its gonna be cutting it close but I'm keeping my fingers crossed I'm in the first batch! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom