Oculus Rift

I'm not sure i can achieve 60fps @ 1080 on my 7970. Some games no problem, however others i struggle with.

I don't want to suffer from motion sickness so i'm thinking 780Ti :)

I'm not sure i can achieve 60fps @ 1080 on my 7970. Some games no problem, however others i struggle with.

I don't want to suffer from motion sickness so i'm thinking 780Ti :)

Don't worry about it, you can always turn down the settings.

The packaging was ace for the DK1, so with the extra 2 billion from Facebook we should be getting something special for DK2...

http://www.roadtovr.com/early-oculus-rift-dk2-unboxing/

............oh.

Yeah, because that's what you do when you get 2B in funding - you spend it all on a pretty box for a developer version that's going to be obsolete in 6 months time... Even if the cardboard version only saves them £1 on the cost of the unit that's 45K that they've saved so far.

Plus, just use your DK1 case for the DK2 - that's what I'll be trying to do! :)

Best thing I've seen with these:

Was at last I-series, some guy wouldn't sit down on the chair despite being told to... Rollercoaster when upside down, guy fell backwards like a plank! Was so funny!

Yeah, because that's what you do when you get 2B in funding - you spend it all on a pretty box for a developer version that's going to be obsolete in 6 months time... Even if the cardboard version only saves them £1 on the cost of the unit that's 45K that they've saved so far.

Plus, just use your DK1 case for the DK2 - that's what I'll be trying to do! :)

Didnt get a DK1 so thats why Im slightly more disappointed

Have you actually been charged already then? I only had a 30 pound charge taken on my card? Assumed the rest is billed on shipment or something. So presumably the final payment will depend on the exchange rate at the time of shipping

Sorry for the really late reply, I paid using paypal so it took the full amount.

I saw some people , or person got shipping to virtually nothing. I had a total of $450 for the price, shipping etc, did a google conversion to £ and came to £240 for everything, is that right? Or can I order from the UK somehow.

Edit: Anyone with a Dk1, do your eyelashes hit the lense and cause you to see them? When I used binoculars and microscops that happened to me.

Last edited:
I saw some people , or person got shipping to virtually nothing. I had a total of $450 for the price, shipping etc, did a google conversion to £ and came to £240 for everything, is that right? Or can I order from the UK somehow.

Edit: Anyone with a Dk1, do your eyelashes hit the lense and cause you to see them? When I used binoculars and microscops that happened to me.

You can order direct from their website, the European distribution centre is in the UK. It ends up about £280 though with VAT and delivery.

Pre-Order emails have started asking you to verify your payments details -

Update Payment Information:

Your order is currently back-ordered and we have not charged your card for the full amount.

Your current balance is $412.00 USD.

If you would like to pay for the remaining balance using a different payment instrument, please enter the updated information below.

If you use a credit card, this will place an authorization on your card. We will charge the remaining balance of $412.00 USD when a unit is assigned to your order and preparing to ship. Please note: if we are unable to complete the transaction due to an error with your credit card, your shipment may be delayed.

If you choose PayPal, the remaining balance will be deducted from your account immediately, per PayPal policies.

Hmm...I was about 2 days 'later' on ordering, yet I've had one of those "check your details" emails. Does that mean you're in the first batch, or was it sent to all?

I have a horrible feeling that I won't be able to used VR headsets. I struggle with motion sickness simply from FPS.

Guess I'll have to persevere and take sea sickness tablets too as I hear that these induce motion sickness to people anyway, let alone someone who gets it from FPS :(

Any good reads/links about the potential that VR holds for the future? With good feedback could we really have matrix-like VR in say 10 yrs or so?

Back
Top Bottom