Oculus Rift

Just had a look at the reporter playing the first few seconds. Want a go

Games like this will be great with it and fun to play. Something like Amnesia or F.E.A.R with the little girl would be terrifying

You're braver than me. I can't cope with horror on the Rift. The genre works TOO well on it. Dreadhalls just about caused me to have a heart attack.

You're braver than me. I can't cope with horror on the Rift. The genre works TOO well on it. Dreadhalls just about caused me to have a heart attack.

Is it really that good? Thief games would be awesome on it - FPS stealth, fast FPS games may not be great I imagine

I'm close to getting one, have they said anything about when the consumer version will be released?

Well nothing at all officially, but theres chatter about it being before the end of 2015. Orders for the DK2 now would be shipped August/September at a guess. Im really looking forward to mine. However, I expect to buy the CV1 when its out as there will be substantial improvements (speed, res, fov, general look etc) so if money is an issue I would wait.

Well nothing at all officially, but theres chatter about it being before the end of 2015. Orders for the DK2 now would be shipped August/September at a guess. Im really looking forward to mine. However, I expect to buy the CV1 when its out as there will be substantial improvements (speed, res, fov, general look etc) so if money is an issue I would wait.

I'm looking to buy a new monitor or a rift at the moment but I don't want to buy a DK2 then they release the consumer one next year.

Is it really that good? Thief games would be awesome on it - FPS stealth, fast FPS games may not be great I imagine

Dishonored worked pretty well in it actually, Thief could work.

This is the Best Game Show Ever review thingy of Dreadhalls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzNKDIPDC3E

Yes it's proper scary, they nicked the Weeping Angels device from Doctor Who.

Last edited:
Sod it, I'm going to order one.

You'll enjoy it if you are an early adopter type. There's technical problems still, and it's definitely not great yet. The content is limited and the device is almost good enough. VR is a thing where once it's there, it's there - we are getting close but it's still not quite enough to convince your lizard brain.

By all accounts, Abrash and co managed to get it over the line with their R&D efforts at Valve. The consumer release of the Rift is going to hit those specs, the DK2 falls short.

Edit: If you buy a DK2, it should be from the point of view that you are watching history being made. It is something special we are seeing.

Last edited:
And if you don't like it or get the motion sickness, you can always sell it on and probably without financial loss :)

Plenty of time then to fill up the piggy bank for this, the next era in gaming. :)

And much needed it is.

Back
Top Bottom