Oculus Rift

Reddit oculus is very good for that, as well as keeping you abreast of stuff like minecrift and Ed setups.

Regarding saving the kit for developers, about 75% of the kits are going to enthusiasts rather than developers and you'll be waiting until at least Christmas 2015 for the consumer version. Personally I couldn't but you do have to factor in cost as well.

I think it is odd Facebook bought it, this would have been so good for Nintendo, all the motion controls they have would have made a great match. As long as they expanded to the non kid market in games.

Didn't they just start shipping them like last week? I'm waiting for them to pop up on ebay for dirt cheap. :3

As the current batch of consoles can't even do 1080p I see this as being limited to PC for quite some time.

surely that's dependent on the games & developers rather than the hardware limitations. Big example being BF4 but then again if that game wasn't being pushed out for 5 platforms all for the same release I'd have a feeling they could have been able to pull it off doing 1080.

They can do 1080P... :confused:

Very few are 1080p at 60fps though. The DK2 for example needs games to be running at a minimum of 75fps. Any less than that and the experience goes to pot.

I'm sure consoles will be able to produce a decent VR experience but they won't be the A list games.

It's here!

Too tired to play with it tonight :(

Which demos should I start with? I've heard there's smearing on early SDK games

Reddit oculus is very good for that, as well as keeping you abreast of stuff like minecrift and Ed setups.

Regarding saving the kit for developers, about 75% of the kits are going to enthusiasts rather than developers and you'll be waiting until at least Christmas 2015 for the consumer version. Personally I couldn't but you do have to factor in cost as well.

Fair enough...

oops
1650zoU.png

Surely any current gen console or PC could play games at 75fps in 1080p... just not great looking ones.

Hell, my 4 year old i5 760, 8gb ran and 2 x gtx 670 combo can play Crysis 3 at 1080p in highest settings at ~80fps or ~60fps 1440p. Yeh, the 670s are not old tech but they are hardly new tech either.

Id be over the moon with Half Life 2 done well in Oculus - this works at 500-1000fps in 1440p!

If I order today, does anyone know estimated dispatch dates? - ignore, i see its sept

Last edited:
screw it...

This email confirms that we've received your pre-order on July 29, 2014 at 02:56 PM PDT.

Order Number: ********
Items:
Development Kit 2 ($350.00) x 1 = $350.00

Are headphones required? I usually just play through my speakers and amp setup which is great quality for music but not too sure about games.

(Nad C370 Amp, B&W 603 speakers & Xonar Essence soundcard)

Last edited:
Just back for my mates where we got DCS working with a P51 Mustang, F15 and the Black Shark.

It's the frickin' muts nuts. End of :)

Oh my god this is a step above DK1... the resolution looks fine to me, and I'm normally really fussy about poor screens etc. 1080p is almost there!

The room demo is awesome!

I can't wait to play HL2 with this. It was good on DK1 but it'll be mindblowing on this model.

Are headphones required? I usually just play through my speakers and amp setup which is great quality for music but not too sure about games.

Not required, but recommended. Binaural audio will probably be the next thing that will help VR immersion. And I wouldn't spend a crazy amount on headphones, it's not gonna help 'that' much.

screw it...

This email confirms that we've received your pre-order on July 29, 2014 at 02:56 PM PDT.

Order Number: ********
Items:
Development Kit 2 ($350.00) x 1 = $350.00

Headphone are not required and in all honesty unless you've got wireless ones can be a bit cumbersome. Especially on your own. Also doesn't help that it's bloody hot at the moment :)

Oh my god this is a step above DK1... the resolution looks fine to me, and I'm normally really fussy about poor screens etc. 1080p is almost there!

The room demo is awesome!

I can't wait to play HL2 with this. It was good on DK1 but it'll be mindblowing on this model.

CV1 will be higher still. I kinda regret not forking out on DK2, but hey, I love my DK1 :) Minecraft is excellent in the Rift (check out Minecrift).

The positional tracking is amazing! I've spent the last 10 minutes staring at a 3D pot plant from all different angles in a seated position!

Back
Top Bottom