Oculus Rift

Just back for my mates where we got DCS working with a P51 Mustang, F15 and the Black Shark.

It's the frickin' muts nuts. End of :)

Look what you made me do!

ororder.jpg

:p

There is absolutely no way I can burn anymore cash on PC toys. She'll kill me...

Ummm, link to checkout? lol

I have just had a go on the first DEV kit and it seemed really poor resolution along with being dark and out of focus, not following the rift closely but will this improve at all ?

I have just had a go on the first DEV kit and it seemed really poor resolution along with being dark and out of focus, not following the rift closely but will this improve at all ?

I thought it had already improved from 720p > 1080p going from DK1 > DK2... so yes

Loving the DK2... spent a couple of hours with it yesterday and thanks to deciding to reinstall my OS, then Microsoft telling me I couldn't reinstall it anymore as id used up my allocation or whatever (grrrr), im running on an unregistered copy for the next couple of days so not sure whether updates etc are having an effect.

Basically only got the demo running from the config panel, but even that was wow, kept on expecting to see my legs/hands etc, completely bought it. Rez is good enough to be immersive im thinking and I want to get a controller that can simulate hands asap. Really looking forward to trying to get something proper to work but there seems to be very little out there that currently works with the DK2, especially in the share centre.

Tonight my main aim is going to be working out how to get a good demo going (friends coming over to check it out at the weekend) and then DCS and ED.

Has anyone tried DK2 with Half life 2? There is an option for VR in the menu now - I think it takes a little bit of configuring but sure its worth it.

Devlish - What controller simulates the hands? - or do you just mean like a joystick?

Has anyone tried DK2 with Half life 2? There is an option for VR in the menu now - I think it takes a little bit of configuring but sure its worth it.

Devlish - What controller simulates the hands? - or do you just mean like a joystick?

Theres a sixense in the pipes and oculus are apparently working on their own, theres quite a lot of solutions coming down the pipes -

wireless_banner1.jpg

I didn't want to get this dev kit..... but..... consumer release christmas 2015 o.O

That's what I thought. Then I read nothing but good reviews and the fact DK2 is currently selling on Ebay for £600-£700!! If I don't use it or get on with it, then I can just sell it for what I paid

There are very few DK2-ready apps right now, but more should appear in the next month or two.

I'm going to have a go at coding a 3D scene where you can just look around at stuff. Being able to peer around things is awesome fun!

So is there any news on what's after DK2?
Are we anywhere near a public release. Or DK3 on the horizon?

Back
Top Bottom