Oculus Rift

I'm getting 300fps in Half-Life 2, so the cap isn't working. I can see tearing.

I can read the netgraph, the resolution is good enough for that, but I can't really read it with both eyes open. Each eye shows it in a different place, is that because my IPD is wrong?

EDIT: Tried that UE4 rollercoaster demo but it's saying I've got missing files, which is what Senza Peso said. I can't install it though, as Windows says it should already be with Windows 7 via Windows Update. Any idea?

EDIT again: I'm on the A lenses, which is set on the configuration tool. What's the difference? I saw that the B lenses are for short-sighted people. I do have crap eyes, but I'm using contact lenses so my vision is perfect near and far.

EDIT last time: Had my first proper 'wooooaahh' moment in Sightline. That is fantastic. Had to get through the juddering, each scene seemed to work randomly well, then got to one scene and understood what this is all about. Immense. Just need more demos/games.

Last edited:
Really thought I might get this tomorrow, but of all the orders processed this week - noones had a single shipment notice. Annoying! Oh well, I've waited this long...

Edit: Panic over. Just got shipment notification and UPS says it'll be delivered by the end of day tomorrow. Result!

Last edited:
Hi Guys
Borrowing one of these for the week, what wow demos are there? I previously owned a DK1,
So far I have downloaded Senza Peso, Inifinity Drive in ,Eden River and Technolust.
Any others?

Really thought I might get this tomorrow, but of all the orders processed this week - noones had a single shipment notice. Annoying! Oh well, I've waited this long...

Edit: Panic over. Just got shipment notification and UPS says it'll be delivered by the end of day tomorrow. Result!

When did you order?

guys, received my DK2 today and plugged everything in as per manual. powered on the rift and all that happens is the main pc screen flashes on and off in a loop and the light on the rift changes from orange to blue on a loop, the rifts display also flashes on and off.

I've not installed any software yet or drivers or firmware, being used to the DK1 it was simply plug and play.

The rift is plugged into the HDMI port from the graphics card GTX670.

I will try the DVI connector yet - just wondered if anyone had the same issue or may know the cause.

Thanks

I could cry. Tried for 4 hours to get the ruddy thing to work but no luck:D Light goes blue on the display and on the camera but no picture at all.

Fixed by uninstalling the SDK/firmware and loading a the previous SDK 0.4.1 beta then re-patching the firmware with 2.11.

guys, received my DK2 today and plugged everything in as per manual. powered on the rift and all that happens is the main pc screen flashes on and off in a loop and the light on the rift changes from orange to blue on a loop, the rifts display also flashes on and off.

I've not installed any software yet or drivers or firmware, being used to the DK1 it was simply plug and play.

The rift is plugged into the HDMI port from the graphics card GTX670.

I will try the DVI connector yet - just wondered if anyone had the same issue or may know the cause.

Thanks

Tried a DK2 the other day. The screendoor effect is still really obvious and bad in my opinion, resolution really needs to be higher.

I'm going to give mine a test and if its loads of hassle or not as good as expected i'll sell it. Partially to fund the iphone 6 - pretty expensive month if I get both!

Back
Top Bottom