Oculus Rift

Want to order but dont think i would get this before Xmas. There are still ppl waiting who ordered in July. I think the 8 week eta mentioned is vastly exaggerated. Shame...oh well will just have to upgrade rest of pc instead.

I played Alien Isolation for 20 minutes with one earlier.

It's good, but the resolution is too low for me to seriously consider playing the game like that all the way through.

Have fun guys :) DK2 is a real eye opener.

My opinion is also that this kind of tech will be on the Antiques Roadshow on 60 years when we are nearly pushing up daisies anyway :) So even if £350 seems like a lot now, it might be worth a lot more in the future :D

Got my replacement DK2 on Wednesday. Love it - but geez, it doesn't half give me major motion sickness. Played it for a couple of hours on Wednesday night and I didn't start to feel normal again till about 4pm the next day :D Hopefully that's something I'll be able to grow out of if I use it enough

Got an email saying they failed to process my second payment. Looks like my bank declined the card again as a detected fraud. Despite my having to go through this procedure already for the deposit, talking to the fraud dept on the phone, and informing them that another payment to the same company would be going through. Seems a little pointless to have an account, with money, that you can't use.

Sorted now, but if I miss this DK2 batch because of this I'll be gutted and more than a little furious.

I remember oculus saying fairly early on that people wouldnt loose their place in the queue if they had card issues due to the length of time between placing preorders and shipping, I think the focus of that was people whos cards expired but I imagine there are people that because of the time had not necessarily left enough funds in their accounts on the day it gets billed

I remember oculus saying fairly early on that people wouldnt loose their place in the queue if they had card issues due to the length of time between placing preorders and shipping, I think the focus of that was people whos cards expired but I imagine there are people that because of the time had not necessarily left enough funds in their accounts on the day it gets billed

Thanks n3vrmind- good to know.

Does the status "READY" and payment "approved" mean mine's actually imminent?

Order date was 22nd August.

I am not getting any display through to the headset. Done everything as the setup guide suggests;
Downloaded sdk (no idea why as as far as i can tell you do not install anything)
Installed runtime
Connected everything up (using dvi on primary gpu)
Then usb driver attempts to install and failed
Tested a demo in the sdk and head tracking works just no display

There is an orange light on the headset
Am I missing something or do i need to install an additional driver or something from the sdk?

This is what I am getting - http://i.imgur.com/BdnFq97.jpg

The strange thing is, I tried the oculus world demo and cyberspace in direct to rift mode and it works fine. Word of warning, I lasted 5 seconds with the Cyberspace demo before feeling like I was going to be sick! Not advised when you are hungover

Trying anything in 'normal' mode I get 'no hmd and sensor detected'

edit 2 - I am getting further with it.
Reconnecting the usb on the sync cable to another port has detected the driver as 'oculus positional tracker' now
Setting extended mode in rift display mode extends my desktop all the time to the rift display.
Direct mode works in a few things but running a lot of games just has the image on my display but not the rift. I think i need to the rift display to primary or something

Last edited:
Setting extended mode in rift display mode extends my desktop all the time to the rift display.
Direct mode works in a few things but running a lot of games just has the image on my display but not the rift. I think i need to the rift display to primary or something

Extended mode is just that - works like a second monitor so you'll see the desktop through it.

I have very, very little success with Direct To Rift, so I leave it on Extended. Not had any problems.

Back
Top Bottom