Oculus Rift

What drivers are you using - nvidia/ati?
Do you disable aero?
Any specific options in launcher running canyon?

Has anyone tried the VorpX or other 3D driver with their DK2?

290 with 14.6, aero on, I just fire up mania planet and I am away, it just works.
I use VR launcher with anything that needs specific options, TM just works.
I fire up Mania planet, I then setup rift mode from mania planet home page\options\settings\virtual reality, then select rift mode and enable, the screen then goes to the rift and I click "ok" on the RH menu, then I click play from the LH menu, then select either TC or TS to play from a 3D mania planet menu and im in, no flickering and head tracking working.

Weird.
Have you tried (or could you please try) the UE4 realistic rendering demo? In extended mode mine does work and can see everything in vr, but when moving my head the whole image moves instead of head tracking working. Similar thing happens in some demos, it will say something like 'no sensor detected' or 'no hmd or sensor detected'
Maybe this appears because an old sdk was used - if so i would have though 'legacy support' in rift config would make them work. It doesnt

Ok I downloaded it and i can run it the same as you, there is no head tracking support, just mouse look, its too old like you say, old SDK I guess.
I tend to only play around with DK2 supported stuff and have not had those messages you have had so far.
I have had a couple that just do not work, ie Darkfield, I tend to not waste time and move on to something else and maybe go back if there has been an update, theres a lot to do =]

I did try out Virtual desktop today, worth a look if you have not yet.

http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/2jmcox/vr_desktop_really/

http://www.vrdesktop.net/

"You're receiving this email because your Oculus Order xxxxxxxx is about to ship, and we've charged the remaining balance to the credit card on file."

Oh sweet baby jesus thank you <3 How long does it normally take from this email?

LFS? Osetta Corsa?

I thought LFS is a sim rather than action and no F1 cars.

Not sure about Osetta Corsa but read it needs vorpX driver and doesnt support head tracking

I'm thinking more on the lines of F1 2012/13/14 with DK2 support or a mod that allows DK2 support

"Your order has been checked out for shipping and will be shipped in the next batch. We'll send you a notification once it's shipped. This typically takes 2-4 business days. "

Now, does this mean the next batch is in 2-4 days, or I wait for the batch whenever that is, and the shipping after takes 2-4 days?

"Your order has been checked out for shipping and will be shipped in the next batch. We'll send you a notification once it's shipped. This typically takes 2-4 business days. "

Now, does this mean the next batch is in 2-4 days, or I wait for the batch whenever that is, and the shipping after takes 2-4 days?

I generally means you will get the Rift in 2 to 4 days. This is the last stage. You are almost there! I'm in the same boat as you. May have it by the weekend.

Thank you, I know it seems like an obvious question to many, but due to a mental disability I struggle with these simple things and feel like a wally when I ask! But not here anyway :)

altus - TM2 is working without flicker now.
It updated again briefly in steam and then worked. Must have been a latest drivers issue which they resolved.

It works but is a bit juddery, it probably needs something in settings turning down / off or just general graphics turning down.

Quake 2 is really good on Oculus

Guest, what demos or games would you say are worthwhile downloading? I do like the look of the rollercoasters, but would prefer one I have control in.

I thought LFS is a sim rather than action and no F1 cars.

Not sure about Osetta Corsa but read it needs vorpX driver and doesnt support head tracking

I'm thinking more on the lines of F1 2012/13/14 with DK2 support or a mod that allows DK2 support

ah you may be right, LFS does have F1 cars 'lite', kind of fun though. Assetto Corsa imlemented DK2 support in a recent patch, pretty sure its full on. Havent bought it yet, but I think its getting rave reviews.

Back
Top Bottom