Oculus Rift

Thanks, Cyberspace looks pretty fun, but wasn't too keen on LFS, it seemed a bit lacking. I only had the demo with my G27, maybe I need the full game to really get into it.

I'm quite impressed by the latest version of CineVEO. The 4D cinema is incredibly immersive. One of the few Oculus Rift experiences that doesn't make me want to puke as well :D Spent an hour or so watching various SBS 3D videos off Youtube on it

I think so. For me its the most realistic cinema environment on the Rift at the moment - at least until the VR Cinema chap releases his next version (which I assume will be with the consumer release seeing as he works for Oculus now)

I've never fancied Riftmax. All looks a bit cartoony and naff to my eyes. Plus I generally find people in real cinemas annoying so I don't particularly wanna sit next to annoying people in a virtual one!

Last edited:
Just sit closer to the screen at the cinema :)

While no, you can't use VLC, there is a "VR Player" that lets you play standard videos as well as 360 and 3D ones.

You can choose how far away the video appears etc so you can have it a distance that suits you.

Alrighty, just got my Rift! Runtime package is downloaded, do I need the SDK? or just cable up, install the run time and figure out monitor things?

Yeah I'm not massively sure about whether I have my lenses setup and focused correctly. Is there any guides? So far Elite Dangerous is brilliant and Atlantis/Lava Inc.

Back
Top Bottom