Oculus Rift

Soldato
I have mine in reversed landscape mode rather than portrait. Was only way to get things not looking sideways. Works though

I dont understand things like this - why setup is different for different machines. I can only guess at it being driver / monitor based why different setup options are needed

Soldato
Postage from the far east is painfully slow :(
Still waiting on my colorcross goggles to have a proper try (tho it LOOKS like it's got decent framerate from a little messing around with it ("It" being trinus gyre and a galaxy S5 being a poor mans rift).

Associate
Postage from the far east is painfully slow :(
Still waiting on my colorcross goggles to have a proper try (tho it LOOKS like it's got decent framerate from a little messing around with it ("It" being trinus gyre and a galaxy S5 being a poor mans rift).

I'm waiting on a colorcross unit too. I've been eager to get a rift since it's initial kickstarter phase but couldn't justify the outlay on something that is quite experimental.

First impressions (without the headset) of Trinus Gyre look promising.

Soldato
My DK2 arrived a few days back, seems fine.

A few issues with extended screen/mirror etc but didnt realise that you now have the Utility program. I had a DK1 and it never used it so just fired in :)

All working well once the utility was installed, either direct to rift or extended mode. Not had much of a play around (although ETS2 was good when I tried it). I will look into getting Alien Isolation I think

Soldato
I'm waiting on a colorcross unit too. I've been eager to get a rift since it's initial kickstarter phase but couldn't justify the outlay on something that is quite experimental.

First impressions (without the headset) of Trinus Gyre look promising.

Aye, fingers crossed but it seems it should do quite well. Will be trying it with a USB3 cable just to see if that helps framerate as it can (apparently) be a bit choppy in some titles.

Soldato
Aye, fingers crossed but it seems it should do quite well. Will be trying it with a USB3 cable just to see if that helps framerate as it can (apparently) be a bit choppy in some titles.

I wouldn't have though the USB cable has anything to do with framerate. More your system not achieving 75fps in rift mode (~150fps in 1080p normal mode)

Associate
I wouldn't have though the USB cable has anything to do with framerate. More your system not achieving 75fps in rift mode (~150fps in 1080p normal mode)
I got this working finally but there seemed to be massive amounts of drift. I'm running it on a Galaxy Note 2. Does it work pretty much flawlessly for other people? If so I'll give it another go.
The results I had impressed my son anyway :)

Associate
Have any of you given richard burns rally a go yet? It's easily my favourite game with the rift... assetto corsa sure looks alright at first, but making out corners and stuff on the horizon in the distance is a huge pita with the low resolution.

There's another update for the mod from only a couple of days ago providing an even smoother, more comfortable experience.

You can also use it with RSRBR.

Soldato
OMFG!!!!!!!!

Just flew the huey within DCS World for the first time with the OR. Man, it blows away everything else I have tried so far.. The feeling of being there is so real, at one point I actually reached over instinctively to turn the fuel on :). I had to turn a few settings down to get a decent frame rate, 970 SLI next month will sort that out :).

Finished flying around hasslling civ planes and took an A10 out for a fly around the coast. The feeling of being in the air was breathtaking, if anyone has an nvidia card, then right now download DCS World for free from Steam or the home page and fly the free SU25 that you get with it.

Associate
OMFG!!!!!!!!

Just flew the huey within DCS World for the first time with the OR. Man, it blows away everything else I have tried so far.. The feeling of being there is so real, at one point I actually reached over instinctively to turn the fuel on :). I had to turn a few settings down to get a decent frame rate, 970 SLI next month will sort that out :).

Finished flying around hasslling civ planes and took an A10 out for a fly around the coast. The feeling of being in the air was breathtaking, if anyone has an nvidia card, then right now download DCS World for free from Steam or the home page and fly the free SU25 that you get with it.

DCS was the first thing I tried when a friend brought his DK2 over back in July. Unfortunately the game just doesn't run particularly well when stuff is going on, so it's pretty unbearable for me to play right now. I'm sure a new cpu would help somewhat, but I'll be holding out on that until next year.

What are your specs and are you able to achieve a solid 75fps with the rift while doing more than flying around in a virtually empty world?

Associate
I know this thread is oculus seen a few people mention phones is it easy to revese tether your phone i have a nexus 5 or is usb otg ethernet a better route, i have a nvidia gtx card so id be using limelight

Soldato
I got this working finally but there seemed to be massive amounts of drift. I'm running it on a Galaxy Note 2. Does it work pretty much flawlessly for other people? If so I'll give it another go.
The results I had impressed my son anyway :)

Got what working? drift? Galaxy note 2??

Were you meant to reply to someone else in another thread or have I gone insane?

Soldato
Have any of you given richard burns rally a go yet? It's easily my favourite game with the rift... assetto corsa sure looks alright at first, but making out corners and stuff on the horizon in the distance is a huge pita with the low resolution.

There's another update for the mod from only a couple of days ago providing an even smoother, more comfortable experience.

You can also use it with RSRBR.

Thanks for this. I have re-installed RB rally and i the readme for rift setup it says

'To install place the d3d9.dll and RBRift.cfg in your Richard Burns Rally
directory, set the Oculus to extended mode and run RichardBurnsRally_SSE.exe'

I do not have this exe, just richardburnsrally.exe and RBR Startup.exe

Do you need to patch the game to a certain version?

Associate
Thanks for this. I have re-installed RB rally and i the readme for rift setup it says

'To install place the d3d9.dll and RBRift.cfg in your Richard Burns Rally
directory, set the Oculus to extended mode and run RichardBurnsRally_SSE.exe'

I do not have this exe, just richardburnsrally.exe and RBR Startup.exe

Do you need to patch the game to a certain version?

Yes, you need to patch the game to 1.02

v1.01
v1.02

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom