Oculus Rift

Soldato
Anyone with a DK2 should try Affected, the latest version built on 4.2. Freaked me out, then gave it to my 14 year old son, he lasted about 2 mins.. :)

Associate
How do you get other roms to work? I have readthe readme file but there is no street fighter blank rom already in there or mentioned in the game.ini

I could copy existing roms in .zip format in but doubt they would work

I just had a look and you can only use Game boy Colour games! so Street Fighter is there to tease us.

I just downloaded a rom and changed the file name to match one of the original roms and then when you go to the cabinet it is ready to play.

Associate
OMFG!!!!!!!!

Just flew the huey within DCS World for the first time with the OR. Man, it blows away everything else I have tried so far.. The feeling of being there is so real, at one point I actually reached over instinctively to turn the fuel on :). I had to turn a few settings down to get a decent frame rate, 970 SLI next month will sort that out :).

Finished flying around hasslling civ planes and took an A10 out for a fly around the coast. The feeling of being in the air was breathtaking, if anyone has an nvidia card, then right now download DCS World for free from Steam or the home page and fly the free SU25 that you get with it.

Have you tried Elite dangerous yet on the rift - found that the best experience on the rift so far - ofc it depends what your in to. In terms of demos Senza Peso is very good.

Soldato
RSRBR adds a huge number of cars and tracks (with the packs). It also allows you to easily change pace notes, skins, surface types, time of day, and compete in multiplayer tournaments. It's definitely worth it if you're looking for more.

If you do install it, the guide I linked tells you everything you need to know, but for clarity, on top of the base game you should install in the following order:

Everything is now installed in order and my Richard Burns install dir is 34gb. When I open the game through RSCenter2014Menu, select 'Alone' then 'RSRBR' the game starts but looks exactly the same as before. Do you need to load the tracks and new car models in or something after installing?

Last edited:
Associate
Everything is now installed in order and my Richard Burns install dir is 34gb. When I open the game through RSCenter2014Menu, select 'Alone' then 'RSRBR' the game starts but looks exactly the same as before. Do you need to load the tracks and new car models in or something after installing?

You pick the car and track you want on that screen and then click RSRBR to load it. If you've installed them, and it sounds like you have, there should be a huge number to choose from.

Soldato
You pick the car and track you want on that screen and then click RSRBR to load it. If you've installed them, and it sounds like you have, there should be a huge number to choose from.

Done that. There are a huge number, the ones i have tried though do not look any better track and texture wise to the standard game. Are only certain ones high detail? I have seen a couple of youtube vids or rsrbr looking almost photo realistic

Associate
Done that. There are a huge number, the ones i have tried though do not look any better track and texture wise to the standard game. Are only certain ones high detail? I have seen a couple of youtube vids or rsrbr looking almost photo realistic

There are no graphical improvements from the mod. I'm guessing the video you're referring to is this, which is Assetto Corsa.

You can also use enb with the game, but I don't believe you're able to use it with the rift mod as they both use their own d3d9.dll.

Last edited:
Associate
Well it seems one of my A cups has a scratch/blemish , i noticed it as soon as i removed the protective cover :mad: ..sent an email with pics explaining the issue and gave them my order number. Message was sent a few hours after delivery and i get this response back.

Hi,

Thanks for the details.

If you are able to use your scratched lenses without discomfort, you can do so for now.

Alternatively, you should be able to continue development by switching to the B lenses

We are investigating a number of reports and when more information is available, we will let everyone know.

Thank you for your understanding,

"Steve"
Oculus Support

Associate
I expect certain flaws in a dev kit but surely clearly faulty lenses on delivery is a bit much...with it being a "Dev" kit am i not protected by the usual consumer laws?

Soldato
I put a screen protector on my lens as soon as I received mine.

Works fine and don't have to worry about the scratches now.

Nothing special, just cut out 40mm circles and placed them on.

Soldato
The scratched lens issue is a big thing for them at the moment with lots of complaints. i think the position theyre taking is that it does not make a difference to the actual viewing which is certainly true in most cases. If you find the scratch is indeed noticeable when using the Rift then tell them that. Not sure they'll do anything about it because it would be flood gates etc. but worth a shot.

Soldato
How do you get other roms to work? I have readthe readme file but there is no street fighter blank rom already in there or mentioned in the game.ini

I could copy existing roms in .zip format in but doubt they would work

There are no graphical improvements from the mod. I'm guessing the video you're referring to is this, which is Assetto Corsa.

You can also use enb with the game, but I don't believe you're able to use it with the rift mod as they both use their own d3d9.dll.

Are right. So the mod adds new cars and tracks but no graphical improvements? I was looking at this vid -
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lSd9-WCZP40

Associate
Is the leap motion available to purchase yet ? to me this looks like the perfect hand/arm emulation device for the Rift. The one thing people always mention is the strangeness when looking down and not being in control of your arms/hands.

it would be easy using this to have different virtual grips for guns too..

Associate
The scratched lens issue is a big thing for them at the moment with lots of complaints. i think the position theyre taking is that it does not make a difference to the actual viewing which is certainly true in most cases. If you find the scratch is indeed noticeable when using the Rift then tell them that. Not sure they'll do anything about it because it would be flood gates etc. but worth a shot.

After looking at their forums this does seem to be the case but i had never used them , peeled back the protective covering and the blemish was very clear and i can also notice it while wearing them. Have i zero rights with this as it's a "Dev kit"? i don't see why i should accept a faulty product. :(

Associate
Are right. So the mod adds new cars and tracks but no graphical improvements? I was looking at this vid -
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lSd9-WCZP40

Not as far as I know, although I'm very new to the game and haven't tried most of the tracks... It says in the description of that video that it's running enb.

Guest2 said:
almost photo realistic
:D

After looking at their forums this does seem to be the case but i had never used them , peeled back the protective covering and the blemish was very clear and i can also notice it while wearing them. Have i zero rights with this as it's a "Dev kit"? i don't see why i should accept a faulty product. :(

Of course you shouldn't. If you're not happy with it, request to return it for a replacement.

http://www.oculus.com/terms-of-sale/

6.2 Exchange Policy Procedures. If the event of damage to the Product meeting the terms and conditions of the Exchange Policy, you should email [email protected] and we will arrange for pick-up and return of the damaged Product (which must include all original packaging, hardware, accessories materials, and documentation) at our sole expense. Upon receipt by us of the returned Product (including all original packaging, hardware, accessories materials, and documentation) and verification of the damage, we will ship out to you a replacement Product as soon as reasonably possible.

Last edited:
Soldato
With RB Rally, I cannot move outside the co-pilot seat, no matter what settings I use within the cfg, anyone care to share theirs with me please.

Also, has anyone tried euro truck sim yet, it's awesome :)

Back
Top Bottom