Oculus Rift

Soldato
Yes, you need to patch the game to 1.02

v1.01
v1.02

Cheers, ill get it patch later and test

I had another look at this but it will cost more to upgrade my PC to run Oculus(i5\gtx 580) maybe when the final version comes out I will look again.

Basic VR games will work fine. Some of the best games are older ones like Quake, Quake 2, Laserface and others. You will struggle with things like Alien Isolation and Assetto Corsa but these are quite demanding games anyway.

Remember that when CV1 is out it will need a very powerful computer - 120hz @ 1440p, so 240fps@1440p. Good luck with that in modern titles.

At least DK2 only requires 75hz@1080p (150fps 1080)

Makes me glad I got DK2 instead of waiting for CV1. I would 100% need a brand new machine as I currently have i5 760 @4ghz & SLI GTX670. Half Life 2 and Isolation work but you have to drop settings like AA and AF. AA really kills fps on rift for some reason

Caporegime
Wow!

That makes me a bit upset, it'll cost a fortune to play any games then. What card can play modern titles at 240fps@1440p not many I bet and if they do there bound to be £500+. Not sure I want anymore :(

Soldato
There will be titles specifically made for CV1 with high fps instead of people modding / finding out how to play titles like Isolation

But yes, Crysis 3 @ 240fps 1440p will cost you a bit of money!

Soldato
There will be titles specifically made for CV1 with high fps instead of people modding / finding out how to play titles like Isolation

But yes, Crysis 3 @ 240fps 1440p will cost you a bit of money!

As far as I know, it doesn't really translate to 1440P at 240FPS. Especially because it's actually 1280x1440, each side/eye being at 120FPS.

That, plus 3D doesn't necessarily equate to a halving of FPS or require double the hardware, as the whole scene doesn't need to be wholly rendered twice.

Don't get me wrong, it'll require some powerful hardware, but it's not 2560x1440@240FPS hardware.

Soldato
Which Quake version you using GUEST2?

And how is Half Life 2 these days? Made me feel ropey after an hour or so previously

Quakespasm, it plays really well and no motion sickness for me. HL is good but im the same, after an hour or so i start feeling weird

Jezzerman - Richard Burns is amazing on Rift! The menu is a bit juddery but the game runs perfect. Is there a way to force 75hz? Im not sure if its running 60 or 75. Is it worth installing this mod you suggested? - http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?p=181480&f=38#p181480

Associate
i just popped in about 3min ago to see if anyone had brought that up. Best ep ever :D

Im now boycotting the Rift, lifes too complicated as it is!

Soldato
Btw Retro Arcade is awesome!! Literally can spend hours in that room!

How do you get other roms to work? I have readthe readme file but there is no street fighter blank rom already in there or mentioned in the game.ini

I could copy existing roms in .zip format in but doubt they would work

Associate
Is there a way to force 75hz? Im not sure if its running 60 or 75. Is it worth installing this mod you suggested? - http://forum.rallyesim.fr/viewtopic.php?p=181480&f=38#p181480

It locks at 75Hz for me (checked with afterburner), although I also have my monitor set to 75Hz so never have any problems there. I used to have the menu judder, but the latest version of the rift mod (1.2) fixed that for me..

RSRBR adds a huge number of cars and tracks (with the packs). It also allows you to easily change pace notes, skins, surface types, time of day, and compete in multiplayer tournaments. It's definitely worth it if you're looking for more.

If you do install it, the guide I linked tells you everything you need to know, but for clarity, on top of the base game you should install in the following order:

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok, Assetto Corsa has officially been added to my list of demo games and replaced Live for Speed.

Reasons are that it runs just as well (i.e. in my opinion has a PERFECT rift implementation in game) the graphics are much better than LFS (not as good as Project Cars) and the driving mechanics are better than Project Cars but not as good as LFS.

So it's right in the middle but works really well.

Prepare to go out or your way to get it to work though (need to have Rift has primary monitor) but once you've got it up and running it's perfect.

Soldato
Argh just managed to get DCS working a bit on an AMD card thanks to a workaround posted on the Eagle forums (requires a trackir). It was amazing, the 3d really pops out at you. Its still too crazy for sustained gameplay with the exaggerated head movements of the trackir and losing track, but the potential for an authentic flight sim experience is massive. I dont understand why we havent got a FS that works smoothly with the Rift yet, when there are racing games coming out of the woodwork. Next stop, IL2 BOS sometime in November, fingers crossed.

Soldato
Argh just managed to get DCS working a bit on an AMD card thanks to a workaround posted on the Eagle forums (requires a trackir). It was amazing, the 3d really pops out at you. Its still too crazy for sustained gameplay with the exaggerated head movements of the trackir and losing track, but the potential for an authentic flight sim experience is massive. I dont understand why we havent got a FS that works smoothly with the Rift yet, when there are racing games coming out of the woodwork. Next stop, IL2 BOS sometime in November, fingers crossed.

Yeah, there's people saying Prepar3D is worth a short, but I picked up the academic licence (then got a refund) because it's just not as good as DCS.

I'm SUPER picky about how well something has to work though so it might work for you.

War Thunder is maybe worth a try again. It gets a fair amount of updates and usually something has changed each time. Bit naff last time I tried but will try again over the weekend. It's free to play so worth a download.

Soldato
It locks at 75Hz for me (checked with afterburner), although I also have my monitor set to 75Hz so never have any problems there. I used to have the menu judder, but the latest version of the rift mod (1.2) fixed that for me..

RSRBR adds a huge number of cars and tracks (with the packs). It also allows you to easily change pace notes, skins, surface types, time of day, and compete in multiplayer tournaments. It's definitely worth it if you're looking for more.

If you do install it, the guide I linked tells you everything you need to know, but for clarity, on top of the base game you should install in the following order:

Thanks for links

When you say the rift mod, I presume you just mean RBRift v1.2, not the rift firmware update or something else?

I have my monitor/rift setup set to extended with rift on the right but I have also tried with rift set as the primary monitor and still get the judder. It doesnt really matter as you don't play the menu, its just annoying

Associate
Thanks for links

When you say the rift mod, I presume you just mean RBRift v1.2, not the rift firmware update or something else?

I have my monitor/rift setup set to extended with rift on the right but I have also tried with rift set as the primary monitor and still get the judder. It doesnt really matter as you don't play the menu, its just annoying

Yes, RBRift. The menu judder that I had in 1.1 disappeared when using 1.2.

Back
Top Bottom