Oculus Rift

Soldato
I too have woken up to this absolute bag of ball sacks email for something i expected to be shipping in a week or two (April ship date origionally)

Estimated Ship Date 6/13/2016 - 6/23/2016.

April ship date which will probably arrive 3 months late

Might just get a Vive

Don
I don't get it. On Friday I got an email saying my Rift was on its way, then today I get another one saying end of May for shipping.
This launch has been a bloody disaster TBH.

Associate
Late June for me, 20th to 30th. Hey Ho, with the Vive new order estimate being June or later I guess I need to just be patient or buy a 65" telly ;)

Soldato
I think what gets me the most is that we still haven't been told why...

At the very least it would be nice to have an explanation of just what went so utterly wrong. "Component shortage" is somewhat vague!

Oh well, here's hoping lots of people rage cancel their order over occulus' handling of this debacle and my ship date improves! I have leave booked at the end of April and was rather hoping to be able to VR the crap out of it - now I'll be forced to interact with my other half and do work on the house....

Associate
It's absolutely crazy that a new product of any kind launches like this.

I mean the Vive has had some shipping issues as well but they don't quite seem as bad. Then again, maybe they are stalling too and early preorders will get shipped June as well!!!

Soldato
Well I'm sure I wouldn't be too fussed if I had a Vive to play with either lol...

Unfortunately Vive pre-orders taken now are back to late june afaik, so rift is still my quickest way to VR.

Soldato
Just ordered mine, no idea when it will ship so if it isnt reasonably around july/beginning of august im going to cancel and get vive instead.

Even if its the better headset, im not happy having to wait six months after release to pick one up

Back
Top Bottom