Oculus Rift

Soldato
Any Nvidia users experiencing issues in the 390.xx series drivers there have been multiple reports on Oculus and Reddit of issues with the Rift and Vive e.g. black screen, unresponsive after extended periods. Rolling back to a 38x.xx driver seems to fix the issue. Oculus and Nvidia are asking for bug submissions :)

https://forums.oculusvr.com/communi...rift-not-working-with-nvidia-driver-390-65/p1

For those of you having this issue, Nvidia has just released a driver update that fixes the problem. Driver version 391.24.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just sold my Rift, While the overall experience was truly breathtaking, The aliasing and pixel crawling in Elite Dangerous, Which I play A LOT, Was just too much, Hoping we don't have to wait much longer for a higher res Oculus.

Soldato
ED is a very pretty game and the low res of the headsets just ruined it for me, For me it was just way too much aliasing.
Supersampling can improve that to a certain extent, though higher resolution would make it much better. But the level of immersion in VR more than makes it up for me.

Soldato
Just sold my Rift, While the overall experience was truly breathtaking, The aliasing and pixel crawling in Elite Dangerous, Which I play A LOT, Was just too much, Hoping we don't have to wait much longer for a higher res Oculus.

Maybe the Pimax headset will be the answer? I am not holding out much hope though, the release keeps getting pushed back.

Soldato
Indeed, ED is a game that requires SS otherwise text etc is very difficult to read, I run 1.5 for ED.
Changing the UI colours to green also makes text much clearer, as there are more green subpixels. There's a utility that can do this for you, whilst still keeping red colours for enemies on the radar.

Associate
Rumour running the round 28th - April 2nd Easter Sale for Oculus
With $50/(GBP Equivalent) Store credit for each new purchase.

Looks like me holding out for several weeks for the 2 year anniversary is about to pay off

Soldato
Rumour running the round 28th - April 2nd Easter Sale for Oculus
With $50/(GBP Equivalent) Store credit for each new purchase.

Looks like me holding out for several weeks for the 2 year anniversary is about to pay off
Nice, I can't say it would have helped me. I bought mine second hand with extras for quite cheap.

Soldato
I'm looking at getting the oculus rift once my ghk g5 is sold :D

Computer is in my front room and my play area only be 6x9ft.
Is this good with using only the 2 senors you get?

Is the best place to put them is opposite each other?

Soldato
I'm looking at getting the oculus rift once my ghk g5 is sold :D

Computer is in my front room and my play area only be 6x9ft.
Is this good with using only the 2 senors you get?

Is the best place to put them is opposite each other?

6x9 is fine - You should get good coverage with them diagonally placed. Three sensors is always better though.

Associate
And Bought
Just waiting for the dispatch notification now.
Probably won't get it until after Easter :(

£50 store credit will sit there for a while I imagine as I'll work my way through a lot of the Free content first I think

I do want Elite eventually with a HOTAS set up
Unless Sky Citizen hurry the chuff up

OcUK Staff
And Bought
Just waiting for the dispatch notification now.
Probably won't get it until after Easter :(

£50 store credit will sit there for a while I imagine as I'll work my way through a lot of the Free content first I think

Did you buy from us or somewhere else. I'm going to have to manually email out the codes and won't get a chance now until Tuesday at the earliest. If you trust me your order number, letting me know if you've been lucky and had it delivered tomorrow or Saturday, I'll VPN in over the weekend and send you one ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom