OCZ VERTEX 2E FIRMWARE 1.28 + GUIDE

Associate
OP
Well they only come with the latest firmware because they have to. Older firmware wouldn't be compatible with the latest hardware revisions (which have less robust NAND, less than advertised space and worse performance, yay).

So is there any idea to why OCZ did this? I mean don't you only get like 107GB drive space? khemist is yours based on the new NAND?

Associate
OP
I really wish STEAM would release a client update that would allow games to be installed on seperate volumes, just so my SSD has some room to breath, putting basic games on the HDD and favourites on the SSD.

Associate
OP
thanks Bunyan for the video...it will prove useful

i just wanted to confirm

this thread is to erase ssd: http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/f...ootable-CD-USB-Linux..-Point-and-Click-Method

and the thread here and vid you made is to update firmware...

is that correct.

Yes buddy this thread is designed for updating the firmware of your drive. Just follow the steps and you will be fine. The secure erase guide is even easier than this and a tutorial is available via OCZ forums. If its easier i can add a Secure Erase guide onto this thread also.

Cheers
Bunyan. :)

Associate
OP
Could an admin possibly change the title to this thread to 1.29 or remove the revision number to just a method of updating the ssd?

1.29 Has been released, although i am not sure release notes have been provided, a member on these forums states the update as a 'must' coming from a number of users.

Associate
OP
I clearly posted in the guide, this MUST be done under AHCI circumstances. The update will simply not work on some motherboards which are of some age.

Stop having a go at OCZ!!

The drive being locked/frozen is because of your controller on your motherboard having an issue (most commonly seen in IDE mode).

Associate
OP
bunyan i got it to work

i have got as far as secure erasing my ssd.

now when i go to update the firmware my ssd doesnt show up where i mount my usb....any ideas?

also can i update my fw at a later date even when w7 is
installed on it?

Strange issue as that would appear to be a problem with a connection, IDE or AHCI is should appear in there.

Try a different sata port and post back mate, i will try and help you as much as i can.

Back
Top Bottom