OCZ VERTEX 2E FIRMWARE 1.28 + GUIDE

Associate
OP
Updating or using Secure Erase has to be done within a suitable SATA controller, enabled with ACHI. If it were installed into a macbook which allows AHCI, then boot into a live cd and it will work just fine. :)

Associate
OP
Hi Bunyan.

I tried wth ubuntu and I was getting the same error, as the drive was frozen, I tried all the tricks that I tried when I was using Partition Magic.

So for my final try I went bac to Partition Magic and the drive was not frozen and the internet was working on ethernet. So I am finally happy and updated the firmware to 1.32

I would like to thank you so much for your patients and help. You are a BIG STAR.

Bashy

Glad it worked good sir!! Enjoy your newly updated solid state drive :D

Associate
OP
Glad everyone seems to be able to update the firmware with ease.

As for which option to go for;

-Both contain a low level element of risk.

-A live CD only runs from the memory, so in essence should be more stable, not to say that it will be 100% etc.

-If you are paranoid, make safety precautions, resetting a overclock etc whilst flashing.

-My only regard to Windows is, other applications could pop up, hard drive lock up, blue screen, anything really.

Associate
OP
Same issue i used to have. Your only option is to take it out and update on a board with ahci enabled. Some say that you can pull the power when you see the penquin when you load parted magic, this disables the AHCI check and may work.

What i did was insert the drive into my dads machine and update. A huge hassle i know.

Back
Top Bottom