Poll: Official 2024 Austrian Grand Prix Race Thread - Red Bull Ring, Spielberg - Race 11/24

Rate the Austrian race out of ten

• One

• Two

• Three

• Four

• Five

• Six

• Seven

• Eight

• Nine

• Ten

• I’m not voting, I just want to see the result.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Associate
Man of Honour
I do wonder if max is finally going to get caught out. Petulant little kid, gets on my wick to be honest! he has outstading talent but lacks sportsmanship

There's already a rule thats caused by him about moving in the braking zone.

Last edited:

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I get it, if he wasn't dodgy on the brakes Norris would have beaten him and he doesn't want to get beaten. He wants to race and that's what we want to watch. The current formula just doesn't give any slight difference in car any benefit once they're behind the faster ones, so I can see why he'd be so desperate to hold Norris off. He should have figured it out sooner and gone for the Prost approach of coming second with more points rather than rolling the dice as to whether he'd still win if they touched. Because let's face it, that's how Max races wheel to wheel.

It's great to see a battle for the lead, and it's great to see a likable British driver pushing to the end. It'll all come out in the wash eventually but I'm just glad we're getting some action from some great drivers. Hopefully McLaren can keep up these results and beat Ferrari this season.

Soldato
And this. It needs more of this level of noise from inside the sport. Nobody cared when he was doing it to Lewis.

Brilliantly well said by AS. And you’re 100% right. Nobody cared when it was against Lewis because beyond the RB fanboys there was probably an element of people that didn’t mind some new upstart beating him finally. Pity it ended up the way it did in 2021. I’ve said all along there were lessons to be learnt about how better to enforce rules and seemingly nothing has changed.
There's already a rule thats caused by him about moving in the braking zone.
And the one about being alongside at SC restarts.. And the one about exiting/holding up cars in the pit lane right?

Associate
Max is no doubt very fast, but he's just a dirty piece of **** driver when he's under pressure to be honest. He showed it all through 2021 and he's showed it once again here.

In 2021 it wasn’t punished and he ended up winning a championship. Today he has extended his championship lead.

Caporegime
In 2021 it wasn’t punished and he ended up winning a championship. Today he has extended his championship lead.

He won 2021 with a mix of cheating and not being punished, AND with the race director changing the rules for him so he could win the last race.

The annoying thing is , is that he is clearly a ridiculously quick racing driver. He doesn't need the stewards and race directors help. Just punish him accordingly and don't change the rules for him.

Associate
Just watched this, it’s more nailed on than in the race itself.

So he’s broken 2 rules and still only got 10s penalty which ultimately served no benefit to the other driver
Now awaiting RB/Max fanboys to reference Silverstone 2021, Copse…..

Associate
He won 2021 with a mix of cheating and not being punished, AND with the race director changing the rules for him so he could win the last race.

The annoying thing is , is that he is clearly a ridiculously quick racing driver. He doesn't need the stewards and race directors help. Just punish him accordingly and don't change the rules for him.
Yep I agree with Max being a crazy quick driver, possibly one the most naturally gifted since Senna. Max just can't seem to battle wheel to wheel fairly enough, and that has been labelled at him throughout his career outside of F1 too. I hope the governing body
look into how pointless penalties like the one he got today only benefits him. It needs to something that forgoes his chance of at least extending his lead, given that he essentially made Lando have to retire. Don't think they'll be buddies much longer now though.

Back
Top Bottom