Poll: Official 2024 British Grand Prix Race Thread - Silverstone Circuit - Race 12/24

Rate the Silverstone race out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the reality is now that we're in a a scenario where different cars are faster on different circuits, similar to what we saw before (prior to the current regulations) - Hungary could be interesting - totally different track type again

I think the reality is now that we're in a a scenario where different cars are faster on different circuits, similar to what we saw before (prior to the current regulations) - Hungary could be interesting - totally different track type again
One of Lewis strongest performing track as well!

Back to back wins incoming?

Tbh I'm happy and satisfied if yesterday's race is his only and last win for merc.

One of Lewis strongest performing track as well!

Back to back wins incoming?

Tbh I'm happy and satisfied if yesterday's race is his only and last win for merc.

I actually half wonder if Ferrari might ve the team to be at the Hungaroring, they've looked good on hugh downforce tracks, McLaren too.

Yeah it felt like he was due at least one final win for Mercedes, if that's it then he can be happy with the way he did it.

I think F1 will miss him more than people realise when he finally retires. The guy is a class act and for me is the Messi/Ronaldo of the F1 world.

Quite :) Really glad my son and I got to watch him win that race from Silverstone yesterday. The post-race celebrations were incredible and something to see.

Let's see if his immense knowledge and experience can help Ferrari return to the front next year.

Never been to the F1, only seen them run at Goodwood so I really wanted to take my 5 year old this year but the prices were just out of reach. In hindsight, it would have been so worth it, I bet the place was lit up!

It's great to have much more going on, drivers over and under performing with plenty of different winners. The tail end of the season could get into a spicy points race. Lando has had 7 podiums this year. Had some bad luck, over driven a few times but It's exciting to see someone new chasing down Max. Piastri was the biggest loser in that race though. I think if McLaren are competitive next year both drivers will be fighting a good deal more. Exciting to watch dare I say. After last year I'd been really turned off F1.

Never been to the F1, only seen them run at Goodwood so I really wanted to take my 5 year old this year but the prices were just out of reach. In hindsight, it would have been so worth it, I bet the place was lit up!

It's great to have much more going on, drivers over and under performing with plenty of different winners. The tail end of the season could get into a spicy points race. Lando has had 7 podiums this year. Had some bad luck, over driven a few times but It's exciting to see someone new chasing down Max. Piastri was the biggest loser in that race though. I think if McLaren are competitive next year both drivers will be fighting a good deal more. Exciting to watch dare I say. After last year I'd been really turned off F1.

I think you made the right choice not to take a 5 year old yesterday, the weather we had before the race itself was absolutely miserable and unless you were in a covered grandstand there was absolutely nowhere to go to escape the rain except hiding under umbrellas / ponchos for several hours at a time.

Quite :) Really glad my son and I got to watch him win that race from Silverstone yesterday. The post-race celebrations were incredible and something to see.

Let's see if his immense knowledge and experience can help Ferrari return to the front next year.
If he does win a title with Ferrari I don't think even the most die hard Hamilton hater would admit and say his the goat

I think F1 will miss him more than people realise when he finally retires. The guy is a class act and for me is the Messi/Ronaldo of the F1 world.
I’m sure his fans will, but if you aren’t a fan now, what would change when he retires?

Talent aside, I find Lewis to be incredibly boring, but as an Alonso fan, I was sad when he left and excited to see him return, so I can understand the impact to a portion of the sport.

I’m sure his fans will, but if you aren’t a fan now, what would change when he retires?

Talent aside, I find Lewis to be incredibly boring, but as an Alonso fan, I was sad when he left and excited to see him return, so I can understand the impact to a portion of the sport.

F1 as a sport that exists today has been going since 1946, Lewis has been racing in the sport for > 20% of the entire time it has existed. As a sport ambassador, there are very very few people who can compare to that. Alonso has been in the sport for longer, but he's not much of an ambassador for the UK in that respect.

Having the cars running is effective at clearing water off the track - particularly on the racing line - and it's less dangerous to have a rolling start.

Yes, obviously, but that is not the point. It is boring to start under a safety car. Like someone else has already said, don't start it at all if you can't do a standing start. Whats the point in starting a race and watching them all go around behind a safety car apart from what someone else has already said, money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom