Poll: Official 2024 Hungarian Grand Prix Race Thread - Hungaroring, Budapest - Race 13/24

Rate the Budapest race out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine telling a racing driver to give up first position, especially when they're in a decent championship position.

If I was Lando I'd let him by if he was much closer and then go for an overtake. But not 3 seconds behind

The team put Lando and Piastri in this position, their own fault, not Lando's.

He was only 3 seconds behind because Lando was handed a free 3 seconds by the undercut. So there is that to take into account.

Max clearly to blame , that should be a penalty
Gianpiero Lambiase has had enough lol

Last edited:
Lets be honest; what are McLaren going to do? Sack him? / Send him to Indycar? - he would have teams lining up in F1.
Ted must’ve been listening to me as he said the same. Lol

McLaren are making this far worse by drawing it out… They just need to be firm and tell him what they want.

They pitted Norris first to cover Hamilton, which they didn't need to do imo, which allowed to pass. But Norris is faster so if they hadn't he'd have caught him anyway. McLaren have made a rod for their own back here.
I suppose the argument is that Piastri would still be first and Norris hasn't been able to overtake him all race. Does seem to be on McLaren but I guess Norris can't count on help from his teammate in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom