Official 2024 Hungarian Grand Prix Race Thread - Hungaroring, Budapest - Race 13/24

Caporegime
He needs booting out the sport not just Red bull

He is actually the worst driver in a top team I’ve ever come across, never seen anyone make so many mistakes so often and even when you forget the mistakes he’s still slow.

Just awful driver who was overrated by casuals who think a few decent results in a mid tier car makes you a top talent.

Totally agree. I get frustrated to see such a poor driver in that car. Far too slow, and far too many mistakes.

McLaren, Ferrari and Mercedes all have really good driver pairings. Both drivers in all those teams are very good and can challenge one another.

Perez is ridiculously far off the level of the drivers in the other top teams.

Caporegime
One thing this session made me think about was Russell's ability in semi-wet conditions on dry tyres.

In Silverstone, as soon as it started raining, Hamilton caught and overtook Russell almost instantly.

The start of q1 was also damp/slightly wet conditions on soft tyres and he was very slow (compared to Lewis who was top of the timing sheet)

Probably need more data points, but it does make you think whether that's a big weakness for him.

Last edited:
Soldato
Trouble is Max isn't winning anymore and he need a wingman to help with under and over cuts of to hold up others .

Think you will see some news come out over the summer break but not before .

Soldato
He doesn't have a great record when it comes to converting a winning position, so might might just be a bit reserved until after tomorrows result.
Weren’t they saying it’s rare for a pole quali here to convert to a win? Or hasn’t happened in X years. It’s a long run at the start anyway. Max is probably rubbing his hands with glee at a dive bomb special into turn one.

I liked this reaction from Piastri whilst queuing for the last quali lap :D https://www.facebook.com/share/r/Mygk5KERVDUGMZgs/?mibextid=WC7FNe

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Weren’t they saying it’s rare for a pole quali here to convert to a win? Or hasn’t happened in X years. It’s a long run at the start anyway. Max is probably rubbing his hands with glee at a dive bomb special into turn one.

I liked this reaction from Piastri whilst queuing for the last quali lap :D https://www.facebook.com/share/r/Mygk5KERVDUGMZgs/?mibextid=WC7FNe

Only 4 polesitters have won in the last decade (All Hamilton!) - but yes I know what you mean, I half expect Max to be in the lead early.

Caporegime
Couldn't make it up.. Perez in the wall again!
Whenever you hear a car in the wall it's a 50/50 between perez and Sargent.

And like clock work.. Both were in the wall.

Surely.. Surely perez is gone?

Oh, and epic fail by alpine. Ridiculous. They were q2 at best.. So why did they stay in? Ridiculous

Last edited:
Caporegime
Trouble is Max isn't winning anymore and he need a wingman to help with under and over cuts of to hold up others .

Think you will see some news come out over the summer break but not before .

And if this McLaren performance continues, there is a reasonable chance they lose the constructors.

Soldato
Hopefully it at least gets the drivers market whirring. I still think Sainz is holding out for the Red Bull seat or failing that the Merc seat. But Red Bull seemingly don't want to make any decisions and Toto seems to be waiting for Max to do something. Lol!

Back
Top Bottom