Poll: Official 2024 United States Grand Prix Race Thread - Circuit of the Americas - Race 19/24

Rate the USGP out of ten

• One

• Two

• Three

• Four

• Five

• Six

• Seven

• Eight

• Nine

• Ten

• I'm not voting, I just want to see the results

Results are only viewable after voting.
Except he isn’t. Might as well ban every team who’s legally exploited rules.

He still constantly gets away with his signature brake late, go off the track and force the other driver off as well.

He's as dirty a racer as they come. Very talented and supremely quick, but he can't defend fairly at all as he always resorts to what he did today and just gets away with it.

Sick of watching him do it and get away with to be honest.

Super simple to solve - Put gravel on the outside of these corners.

That way anyone off track - ends up stuck in the gravel....

Mexico will be the same at the end of the main straight next week.... Dive bombs galore

Watched the race live, 1st corner incident was just that, Lewis did it to Roberg in 2016 leading to capgate, it always happens at Austin. The Ferraris were strong, but the track conditions played to their strengths so this will change at different circuits.
As far as the incident with Max and Norris was concerned the stewards were consitant in handing out penalties at that corner, it will always be a penalty for the one who overtakes off the circuit whatever. Norris should have let Max back past and then regrouped to overtake him again. However the tussle between the two drivers was enthralling, I hope to see more of it in the coming races.
What has happened to Lewis, we see those kind of errors from drivers such as Stroll, or previously Latifi, but not Lewis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maaaaan. I can’t believe they penalized Lando for that overtake. Max left him nowhere else to go, didn’t even make the corner. Absolute farce.

Saying you can’t overtake off track in that position is just carte blanche for Max to do that every time, which is absurd to me.

Last edited:
Time norris takes a leaf out of Hamilton and just stick to his line and wait for max to crash into him. It's the only way
In this scenario though, he'd just end up with a penalty for causing a collision instead because the stewards are following guidelines that say 'if you get to the apex first, all good', regardless of how you got there first.

He still constantly gets away with his signature brake late, go off the track and force the other driver off as well.

He's as dirty a racer as they come. Very talented and supremely quick, but he can't defend fairly at all as he always resorts to what he did today and just gets away with it.

Sick of watching him do it and get away with to be honest.
He's not getting away with anything, he's just using the rules to his advantage. If they changed the rules then he probably wouldn't do it.

Lewis and Alonso would and have done the same thing.

He's not getting away with anything, he's just using the rules to his advantage. If they changed the rules then he probably wouldn't do it.

Lewis and Alonso would and have done the same thing.

He is getting away with it.

The apex rule is irrelevant.

By braking late so you arbitrarily reach the apex first, but don't make the corner, you gain an advantage. If that advantage is keeping your place and not being overtaken, you should get slapped with a "leaving the track and gaining advantage" penalty as well.

That just hardly ever gets applied to Max's antics though.

By the letter of the law, BOTH drivers should have got a 5 second penalty.

If you go off track as a result of your actions to keep your place and don't relinquish it, you should get a 5 second penalty.

I think taking the risk and braking late is fine, that’s racing through and through, but it’s ludicrous to punish the rear driver when the one ahead doesn’t make the corner, and your only option is evasive action. How you can argue they were ‘ahead’ if they just simply don’t brake enough baffles me.

The car has become...well, if I was kind I'd call it 'challenging' but I'm not so I'll call it 'hot trash'.

Weird weekend for Merc, they seemed highly competitive at times, but the car seems really unpredictable. Loses rear grip in a tail wind reportedly, and Lewis was caught out by a 40mph gust. Still, I think younger Lewis would have caught that; he got some great results earlier in the season so he's clearly not lost it completely but I think he's lost a little at the edges.

This is a stupid ****** sport. May as well call it Formula Max and give him all the titles every season.

Max does that move ALL the time. He's done it his whole career. All he does is brake too late, run off the circuit and force the other driver off too. He's only ahead at the apex because he brakes so late with no hope of staying on the track.

Max should have been the one getting the penalty.

Rubbish....you just dislike Max and thats it!! Look at the footage. Properly. Ant on the skypad explained it perfectly!!!

I think taking the risk and braking late is fine, that’s racing through and through, but it’s ludicrous to punish the rear driver when the one ahead doesn’t make the corner, and your only option is evasive action. How you can argue they were ‘ahead’ if they just simply don’t brake enough baffles me.

The funny thing is, Norris was actually slightly ahead going into the braking.

By the letter of the law/rules it's quite easily argued that Max gained an advantage braking late and going off track/forcing another driver to take evasive action.

Rubbish....you just dislike Max and thats it!! Look at the footage. Properly. Ant on the skypad explained it perfectly!!!

Yes, I do dislike Max, because of this **** he pulls all the time.

I don't give a **** what Ant on his skypad says. It's awful to watch , unfair and rubbish racecraft.

He also said it's Max so you gotta expect that , think that tells you everything

It's always upto the other driver avoid or be hit

Last edited:
I honestly don’t know why McLaren aren’t making a proper fuss about the rules here. They seriously need to man up.

I think Norris should be not too unhappy with his weekend,
Part of me thinks that actually they got the best they could have hoped for this weekend. Norris seemed to be on a downer most of the time - I’m hoping they knew their car would be not as quick here, but it will be fastest at the upcoming races.

At the end of the day if they were expecting RB to win, the result they got wasn’t bad. But as above, they need to stop rolling over and accepting the **** sandwich the stewards and FIA seem insistent on feeding anyone that isn’t called Max.

Ugh, really hate this 'sport' sometimes...

If that's ok with the rules then the rules are BS, that's not racing that's just plain idiotic, has been for a while I guess and Max is good at exploiting the stupidity of the FIA/Stewards, go him.

Good for Ferrari though, another 1-2 iirc? Have many/any other teams managed that this year?

Back
Top Bottom