**Official** Aion Beta Thread

I level at my own pace which is usually pretty fast to be honest, I always like to be aiming for something to complete, so it's, quest then another, then another, then another and its now 4am!

But I don't tend to purposely rush my leveling.

It's live i believe just laggy. Saw someone just login on a live stream, took about 3-4 mins and its really laggy too. Should be all right in 30mins or so :)

Are you on 32 bit? Try the following:

A:

Here is the fix if you would like to play Aion for the upcoming European and NA preview weekend :

Download the Gameguard.des fix for Aion on Windows 7
Extract the Gameguard.des from the .rar you just downloaded
Open up this folder for 64bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\NCSoft\Aion\bin32
and this for 32bit: C:\Program Files\NCSoft\Aion\bin32
Rename GameGuard.des to GameGuard.old and copy the one from the rar you just downloaded
Now you can play
Enjoy your weekend!

Download URL = http://www.aionforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/gameguard.rar

Link = http://www.aionforce.com/2009/06/04/fix-for-windows-7-and-aion-europena/

B:

First if you are getting GameGuard errors, try running Aion as an administrator:
- Right click the NCSoft Icon and select "Run as Administrator"...

If this doesn't work, and it's a freshly downloaded install via the plaync launcher, disable UAC:
- Start -> Control Panel -> User Accounts -> Change User Account Control -> move the slider all the way to the bottom -> reboot

If this doesn't work, and/or you are using a friends winxp/vista install (copied over network or burned to dvd whatever), or the file planet download/install do the following:

- Navigate to C:\Program Files\NCSoft\Aion\Bin32 and delete the folder "GameGuard"
- Relaunch the plaync launcher, then rerun Aion, it should download the windows 7 compliant gameguard

Hmm seems like another error then. Try Folder permissions, I know its weird but it has fixed some of my issues :P

Or could be something to do with Res/drivers? What card are you using? I get a black screen for about 1-2mins while Aion loads then I get a splash screen for 2 seconds.

Yay Dinks :D Congrats.

To all new people in this beta, give me your character name and class etc and I will put you on the main page and invite you to the Legion :)

Aww man still 51mins wait time :(

I wonder why the Ariel server has filled up so much in this beta, surely they would have given a warning in the last beta that they are hitting the player limit on that server?

Last edited:
Nah I left it till 9:30ish too :P Didn't think their would be such huge queues so I was going to leave it till 9:30 to start playing after the lag fest :P

17mins!!!

EDIT! 1 min!!!

Last edited:
Last Day today people! :(

Might just hit lvl 24 If I'm lucky, my Chanter is much better now but also uses mana much faster!

I'm at work atm so I will need to wait until 4pm to play!

Well it's all over for another 2 weeks or so. I hope everyone had a good weekend :D

I didn't see many guildies on though, just Sofian, Olwyn and Hideki Kun.

You mean legion vs legion to get EXP? I don't think you can do that. In later levels I think your legion can fight for castle points on the maps that will earn your legion money etc. But I usually try to group with another legion member while questing or random mob killing to make it more entertaining :)

Basically all weekend was spent with Olwyn! We kept meeting up in the same places by accident, was great fun and just managed to get to level 24 :D

I can't believe you didn''t use other skills on your original character [timko] haha! I would have gone made by lvl 10 if I was still on the stock skills. I shall get some screenshots up later or tomorrow.

EDIT: Sorry not Sofian, Shenryn :P I was hanging around with you too much last beta!

Well each map gets proggressively harder if thats what you mean? For Elyos you start off in Protera which is aimed at getting you to level 10. Then you will move to Veteron (larger map) which gets you to level 20 and now I've gone to the next 2 maps which are both getting me to level 25 at the moment with much much more to explorer. The current map I am on (can't remember the name) is about 2-3 times the size of Veteron and about 10x the size of Protera.

It's also only has 1 game channel so their is a lot more people about compared to the other maps.

Edit: I'll be posting new pics later today. I keep forgetting! I'm at work atm so I haven't got them with me.

Back
Top Bottom