• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

I put enough piece of wood underneath to prop up the card just enough to take the pressure + a bit, do not force the card up too much, just take the weight + a nads butt so slight upward pressure.

I cut a piece of wood at a slant now, so I can adjust the height by wood further on the card or not, so it should make things easier than trying multiple sizes.

I have currently got the gap down to around 9c under load in heaven now, which is stark contract to the 20c+ (with default fan profile),I was suffering just 2 days ago. Currently gpu2 is topping at around 85c now. If I can push that down a few more degree's then I will be delighted. Still not found the sweet spot (if there is one) for propping up the card.

I am trying to adjust the fan profile to go up to 10% faster at 80c to try and get it in the low 80's instead of mid 80's for now. With the slight increase in fan speed and the other various attempts to get the temps near, at idle gpu1 now sitting comfortably at 38c and gpu2 at 33c. With the gap at load around 9c, I will settle if I get it to 6-7c. Will do me fine until I can sort out water cooling. You may be able to assist me with that, when the time comes as I have no idea what to do, or what I need for water cooling. I stayed well clear of that so far. All I know is I will be looking at a good few hundred quid to get it all.

Finally got some pictures up:) still need to get some black cables to neaten up my case but all is running well and cool.
0boih7j

Last edited:
Alright these pictures should work. Any suggestions you guys could recommend for my case? Getting some SP120s in red for my rad and to replace the top fans, black braided wiring but what else would you recommend?
ALXAndy that's a really nice rig :)
FwDZneV.jpg
NQRIV3D.jpg
N3Ln8G5.jpg
xWbRiJX.jpg
Apologies for the poor phone quality :P

Last edited:
Alright these pictures should work. Any suggestions you guys could recommend for my case? Getting some SP120s in red for my rad and to replace the top fans, black braided wiring but what else would you recommend?
ALXAndy that's a really nice rig :)

Apologies for the poor phone quality :P

(pictures removed temporarily because too large)

Not having much luck here are you? :p

I generally upload large pictures using the source image link and just give the link instead of resizing and putting them into the forums.

Back
Top Bottom