• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

No love for the 7970's? :(
I reckon there are already enough red/black builds to go around :)

Btw, this might have managed a TR bench @1225, but Bf4 doesn't like anything above 1150. The 7970's can do BF4 @1250 (and probably more) all day long.

Do I need all that performance at 1080p/60? No, but if you could, you would. Right? :D

No love for the 7970's? :(
I reckon there are already enough red/black builds to go around :)

Btw, this might have managed a TR bench @1225, but Bf4 doesn't like anything above 1150. The 7970's can do BF4 @1250 (and probably more) all day long.

Do I need all that performance at 1080p/60? No, but if you could, you would. Right? :D

No we spit on 7970's here Pete. :p

Just kidding nice clocks. Don't even know why you'd overclock at 1080p in BF4, just not demanding enough to waste the gpu energy.

mine
small tidying to do.:D
8weq.jpg

Not bad Smogs you dirty rat. You need to sort that sag out though. If you had the pci-e cables coming in from above the gpu you could maybe pull them tight to help with the sag. Looks nice though, gotta love an open window.

Mine does sag a bit, but i propped it up by having tight PCI-E cables so now its straight, or almost straight. I wonder if thats why (along with my almost identical asics) my core temps are identical.

@terminator very nice!

Last edited:
At idle there's around 8C difference between my cores. Could be causing it I suppose.
My ASIC's are 67% and 62%.

My ASIC's stand at 59.2 and 64.5. Currently at idle they sit 6c apart. Under load, the lower ASIC gpu (gpu1) storms ahead and the gap gets large, as it starts hitting a point where cooling starts controlling it, gpu2 temps start to catch up and the gap hovers between 9-12c. This is something I am pleased with, considering it was a gap of 15-39c previously, depending on fan speed.

Back
Top Bottom