• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

OK that's good to know :) I tried a little overclock to see if it would help with random FPS drops I get in certain games but will reset back to stock now and see if another part of the system is causing it.

Thanks again for the assist!

OK that's good to know :) I tried a little overclock to see if it would help with random FPS drops I get in certain games but will reset back to stock now and see if another part of the system is causing it.

Thanks again for the assist!

Could just be your gpu was unstable. Set 1000/1500 @1.175v in afterburner and play some games and see how you go.

How come?

BF4 is just being a mess with Crossfire, I paid £360 for it delivered and can probably get nearly £600 for it from some muppet on an auction site. :p

Plus I'm going watercooled, so I may get a 290, plus water block for about £400 then I have probably about £100 after fees spare for any other bits I need for my loop.

BF4 is just being a mess with Crossfire, I paid £360 for it delivered and can probably get nearly £600 for it from some muppet on an auction site. :p

Plus I'm going watercooled, so I may get a 290, plus water block for about £400 then I have probably about £100 spare for any other bits I need for my loop.

It shouldn't be. Whats the problem exactly? Are you using vsync?

That is a bug that affects any multi gpu setup. It was introduced a few days back with the recent patch. However i bring you good news Defy, its being fixed. So wait until tomorrow and it will be fixed.

DdEOYsR.jpg.png

Pleased about that. This flickering is giving me a bad head. Just ordered an EK waterblock for my 7990.

Just asking in the watercooling section to see what options I have with my HAF 932 case.

I haven't done the RMA, as I managed to get things working right myself. However, whilst in discussions about an RMA they told me this...

So I just tried to flash Ltmatts bios to see if it fixed it, I uninstalled drivers and took other cards out.. and it wont boot post, just a black screen and this red light:

I then had to add my other 7990 just to boot it up, got into the command line for flashing it, typed in atiflash -i to get the list of gpus, and had this :

So my guess is that since only the slave gpu is showing, thats why it wont boot up and I can only assume the first core is dead?

Ah well that just sucks.

So I just tried to flash Ltmatts bios to see if it fixed it, I uninstalled drivers and took other cards out.. and it wont boot post, just a black screen and this red light:

I then had to add my other 7990 just to boot it up, got into the command line for flashing it, typed in atiflash -i to get the list of gpus, and had this :

So my guess is that since only the slave gpu is showing, thats why it wont boot up and I can only assume the first core is dead?

Ah well that just sucks.

Are you sure you flashed the Malta1.rom file to the master bios and the Malta2.rom to the slave bios? If you did it the wrong way round then it won't work. Double check you followed the instructions carefully.

I didnt flash the bios at all. How am I able to flash the bios when it wont detect the master gpu core? the bottom two are for the other 7990 which works perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom