• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

My cores are always 10C different. Probably due to the cooling solution on the card. Every AMD card I have owned like this has been the same on air.

Mine is undervolted to 1150. Was fine much lower in everything apart from Far Cry 3. It massively helps temperatures though. Added an additional side case fan that brought down temps even further. These cards will always run hot.

I think I am lucky - No coil whine I can hear ever - Runs fast and smooth ! Great card although if a dual R290X2 or a 780x2 on one card came out I would then upgrade for the sheer power.

Although I will concede the ATI drivers are a lot more fiddly to install compared to Nvidia. Nvidia updated and just worked. The Ati Drivers sometimes I need to install it twice as the screen goes blank and never comes back on.

The blank screen is a weird bug. For some reason Windows flags the driver as illegitimate even if you've told it that it's OK and blocks the installation.

I have been thinking about selling my 7990, I got it when Overclockers were selling them for £390, is it still worth selling it?

Main reason is I am just not using it enough as I only game about 3 nights a week and most of that is playing L4D, I have no interest in mining and was thinking of replacing it with a 290 and pocketing the spare money. I would Probably sell it on a well known auction site.

Last edited:
I have been thinking about selling my 7990, I got it when Overclockers were selling them for £390, is it still worth selling it?

Main reason is I am just not using it enough as I only game about 3 nights a week and most of that is playing L4D, I have no interest in mining and was thinking of replacing it with a 290 and pocketing the spare money. I would Probably sell it on a well known auction site.

How much were you looking to get for it, out of curiosity?

I was think about £550, after watching a few sell on there over the last few days.

They do seem to have shot up in price with this mining craze, wish I bought 2 as I intended to Xfire 2 of them eventually but they are like hens teeth now. If I had seen them for £390 I would have bought 2, paid £500 for mine :(

Have gone back down to 1130 now. Not stable in Far cry 3, but seems fine in tomb raider. Otherwise I was hitting 100c and throttling :(

These clocks seem fine in tomb raider and has kept temps between 90-100. Most importantly it has stopped the throttling issue. Opening a window has helped too. Amazing how hot these things get...and that is with a well ventilated case and undervolting.

Last edited:
Chaps,

Having an issue, was running 13.9 drivers and the Crossfire seemed to randomly turn itself off. I have installed 13.12 and they failed even using the DDU software before installation.

Getting the x116 error just after the BIOS as it Black Screens at the Windows log in.

Pretty sure it is driver related, as I have just DDU again and gone back to 13.9 and it has re-enabled Crossfire and is working properly in BF4 etc.

Anyone having anything similar?

Back
Top Bottom