• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

Sorry I meant my CPU overclock, I haven't touched the 7990.

I have worked out that I cannot overclock my CPU past 4.2Ghz without causing the BSOD and the x116 error. Running Bf4/Bioshock at the 4.2 Ghz O/C atm.

I would love to know why this error is happening. I am leaning away from the drivers and the 7990 being at fault.

Iv had no issues on 14.1....what problems are there. Iv tried quite a few games and no issues yet.

Known Issues

Mantle performance for the AMD Radeon™ HD 7000/HD 8000 Series GPUs and AMD Radeon™ R9 280X and R9 270X GPUs will be optimized for BattleField 4™ in future AMD Catalyst™ releases. These products will see limited gains in BattleField 4™ and AMD is currently investigating optimizations for them.

Multi-GPU support under DirectX® and Mantle will be added to StarSwarm in a future application patch
Intermittent stuttering or stability issues may occur when utilizing Mantle with AMD CrossFire™ technology in BattleField 4™ - AMD recommends using the DirectX code path when playing Battlefield 4 with multiple GPUs. A future AMD Catalyst release will resolve these issues

Notebooks based on AMD Enduro or PowerXpress™ technologies are currently not supported by the Mantle codepath in Battlefield 4™

AMD Eyefinity configurations utilizing portrait display orientations are currently not supported by the Mantle codepath in Battlefield 4™

AMD Eyefinity technology is not currently supported in the Star Swarm​ application

AMD testing for the AMD Catalyst™ 14.1 Beta Mantle driver has been concentrated on the following products: AMD Radeon™ R9 290X, R9 290, R9 280, R9 270, R7 260X, R7 260, HD 7000 Series, HD 8000 Series, A10-7850K and A10-7700K. Future AMD Catalyst™ releases will include full test coverage for all AMD products supported by Mantle.

Graphics hardware in the AMD A10-7850K and A10-7700K may override the presence of a discrete GPU under the Mantle code path in Battlefield 4™

Frame Pacing for Dual Graphics and non-XDMA configurations above 2560x1600 do not currently work with Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4. An upcoming release will enable support

DX9 Dual graphics is not supported in AMD Catalyst 14.1 Beta. An upcoming release will enable support

Not often... Iv played a few single player missions since i got the new driver and had no issues so far... Every other game has been fine too.
One thing i can't work out though is why a big overclock seems to make no difference hardly. Im seeing a 2fps difference with my clocks at 1100/1630. I would have though it would be closer to 10fps.

Not often... Iv played a few single player missions since i got the new driver and had no issues so far... Every other game has been fine too.
One thing i can't work out though is why a big overclock seems to make no difference hardly. Im seeing a 2fps difference with my clocks at 1100/1630. I would have though it would be closer to 10fps.
Yep, tbh it's a complete waste increasing the clocks on tjhe 7990's... for what it gives and tbh, I've noticed some odd dips when you do... for the additional temps it adds for bog all performance... must be something that just throttles it all back... odd as my 6990's used to clock nicely!:(

Yep, tbh it's a complete waste increasing the clocks on tjhe 7990's... for what it gives and tbh, I've noticed some odd dips when you do... for the additional temps it adds for bog all performance... must be something that just throttles it all back... odd as my 6990's used to clock nicely!:(

If you're both using the stock bios then thats why overclocking makes no difference. The card throttles, even at stock clocks with voltage lowered. If you want to get around this and unlock the cards potential, you need to use my bios.

Matt you know im using your Bios :D we talked about it earlier in the thread when you had your 7990 lol

Its your bios with +50 power limit and in BF4 im getting a 2fps increase at 1100/1630 which isnt worth it.

Matt you know im using your Bios :D we talked about it earlier in the thread when you had your 7990 lol

Its your bios with +50 power limit and in BF4 im getting a 2fps increase at 1100/1630 which isnt worth it.

You're using the old bios. Try the new one in the OP. The first bios was not perfect and could still throttle a bit. ;)

Well, basically I've reduced my voltage down to 1.125v and it's rock solid at 1000/1500 standard speeds and it's reduced the temps by around 8-10C... didn't have time to remove the BIOS and replace, however when it was throttling at 95C etc, I max at 90C now and it doesn't seem to throttle down! Will test more today!

Well, basically I've reduced my voltage down to 1.125v and it's rock solid at 1000/1500 standard speeds and it's reduced the temps by around 8-10C... didn't have time to remove the BIOS and replace, however when it was throttling at 95C etc, I max at 90C now and it doesn't seem to throttle down! Will test more today!

It will still throttle in some games. The problem is the stock bios has a lower TDP than even a 7950 boost card. Hence the gpu will throttle under demanding load, even if you lower the voltage considerably. It will depend on how demanding the game is. Worst case scenario to test is Sleeping Dogs. I found it would throttle no matter what in that game. The only perfect solution is to use my bios in the OP. Once you've done that you will never throttle again.

Need some advice reguarding water cooling my 7990... its just too hot when i mine so i always have to downclock it...What exactly do i need to watercool only my GPU as iv never watercooled before.

This has probably been posted elsewhere but I was having problems with my PC just randomly resetting when the gpu was under load and I thought it was my corsair tx650w psu so I bought a 1000w and still had the same problem, my new supply was modular so tried two different pci-e cables and it's not crashing anymore. Hopefully that should be the end of the crashes as it was driving me mad, but guess that's one of the joys of PC usage :)

It's very rare I read the Crypto Currency & Mining section, but some of you might be interested to see this...

Holy cow... I wonder if the LED still works - Super Flopper? :eek:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18580823

23kcbau.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom