• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

Well it worked for 2 hours fine.. but its just locked up twice in a row once in game.. when it just goes black and the sounds loops.. and then once again when the pc restarted where it just froze...Does this mean I need to RMA my card then?:confused:

hey guys,

i have a 7990 at stock paired with a [email protected].

now when BF4 was first released, i was getting 90-120FPS easy, not it struggles to keep at 60FPS :(

why is this? issue with the game? or drivers? other games play amazing, sleeping dogs tomb raider etc

thanks

What Resolution you running Beasty? I was running 1920x1200 and on release was getting 100+fps then I changes to W8.1 and was getting ~140fps. After one of the game patches I noticed a considerable drop in fps down to 80-90fps. My GPU usage hovered at around ~60% and my i5 was at To get it running at full tilt you'll need to run a 1440p monitor. I'm running 160% (1440p) resolution scale in BF4 and it runs in the 90-100% range.

But yes I noticed a drop in performance since the December? patch.

I played it with the same CPU and the 7990 breezed through it at 4.8Ghz. I experienced no bottleneck or stuttering and had settings on ultra. The CPU graphs always hovered around 80% each core, but some label "bottleneck" differently.

Furry muff. Ideally you'd have both cores locked at 99% though, or close to it.

Okay it crashed with a screen with lines on it and now I can't get a picture at all.. Monitor is stuck in standby so does that mean it's definitely the card that's died?

Well its going back today.. last night it wouldn't even turn the monitor on it was just stuck in standby and no picture to be seen. it worked after a while but I think it definatly needs returning. The thing that annoys me most is the fact theres no card really as good for the price I paid for the 7990.. 2x 290x would cost about £800 and 1x290x would lose me 20-30% performance plus they run extremely hot too and im a miner... my 7990 was already hitting 90-100 degrees at times I can't imagine what a 290x would be like for mining especially 2 of them.

Well its going back today.. last night it wouldn't even turn the monitor on it was just stuck in standby and no picture to be seen. it worked after a while but I think it definatly needs returning. The thing that annoys me most is the fact theres no card really as good for the price I paid for the 7990.. 2x 290x would cost about £800 and 1x290x would lose me 20-30% performance plus they run extremely hot too and im a miner... my 7990 was already hitting 90-100 degrees at times I can't imagine what a 290x would be like for mining especially 2 of them.

Looks like you'll be getting a full/partial refund or a replacement brand new 290/780 gpu then.

Looks like you'll be getting a full/partial refund or a replacement brand new 290/780 gpu then.

They offered me a 290x for the same price but then I made the point that just because its the same price doesn't mean its the same performance so instead there going to give me a full refund.

This isn't with overclockers aswell its a different company so ill be very happy with a full refund. Its just a shame you can't get a replacement 7990 as it was an amazing card and because my second motherboard slot is only a x4 the 7990 was perfect in only using one slot so if I go crossfire ill lose quite a lot of performance because of that wont I?
How would a normal 290 in crossfire compare to a 7990 if your second slot is only x4?

7990 has just gone back.. Will my ax860 platinum psu be enough to crossfire if it was fine with the 7990 ..also would the fact my second slot being x4 hinder it a lot and make crossfire Pointless? Not sure what to buy that will match up.

They offered me a 290x for the same price but then I made the point that just because its the same price doesn't mean its the same performance so instead there going to give me a full refund.

This isn't with overclockers aswell its a different company so ill be very happy with a full refund. Its just a shame you can't get a replacement 7990 as it was an amazing card and because my second motherboard slot is only a x4 the 7990 was perfect in only using one slot so if I go crossfire ill lose quite a lot of performance because of that wont I?
How would a normal 290 in crossfire compare to a 7990 if your second slot is only x4?

Due to the way the new crossfire works without the bridge, it needs a bit more bandwidth than before so id avoid it all costs if your second slot is x4. Bare minimum should be what i have and even that is not ideal pci-e 2.0 x8 x8. Ideal would be pci-e 3.0 x8 x8 or faster.

Chaps,

Wondering if anyone else gets this. Sometimes when I boot up crossfire isn't enabled. Usually a reboot sorts it out. But wondering if there is a way of turning it on without me having to restart each time?

Win 7 64bit and running 13.12.

I usually check by seeing if the bottom right toolbar icon has the option to display if CrossfireX is enabled in games.

Back
Top Bottom