• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

Mines is arriving on Tuesday.

Replacing a GTX 760 SLi setup...simply wanted to go back to my Precision PS07 case so the single card set up works a lot better and will be a heck of a lot cooler.

Massive card in a small case :D

Ok sorted the problem. Took 1/2 hour to drain, remove the block and re apply some MX4 to the GPU's. Temps have dropped by 5 degrees and now are within 4 of each other which is better.

I wonder with heavy 24/7 over 3+ weeks 100% mining on the GPU's whether the MX4 is going off ??

I did put on much more MX4 this time as per AMD single line method instead of the single pea method.

Card is not warping, nicely held in and the back plate helps to keep it rigid, good call though.

We shall see.

Last edited:
Mines is arriving on Tuesday.

Replacing a GTX 760 SLi setup...simply wanted to go back to my Precision PS07 case so the single card set up works a lot better and will be a heck of a lot cooler.

Massive card in a small case :D

Will it fit ??? It is a mahoosive card. At the current prices, seen one for £605 at a Northern company, I am seriously looking at getting another one.

Last edited:
Will it fit ??? It is a mahoosive card. At the current prices, seen one for £605 at a Northern company, I am seriously looking at getting another one.

It will indeed...12.1 inches is what I've seen which is about 30cm. About 40cms of depth so it will be fine...even got a hard drive cage which comes with a Graphics card support with the case, I'll take some pics when it's in.

With cashback and a voucher I picked mines up for about £530 which isn't too bad at all!

It will indeed...12.1 inches is what I've seen which is about 30cm. About 40cms of depth so it will be fine...even got a hard drive cage which comes with a Graphics card support with the case, I'll take some pics when it's in.

With cashback and a voucher I picked mines up for about £530 which isn't too bad at all!

Very nice price :)

I myself was tempted to sell my MSI 7970 and possibly get one, but an MSI Lightning popped up at £220 so I decided to plump for that instead :cool:

Be a great price if they can get it anywhere near £530...

At the £500 - £600 price mark, the 7990 is becoming a serious consideration for many now. Especially when it is a single card solution. I quite expect a few more owners to appear.

Hope so. With AMD addressing the Crossfire issues in addition to the price drop, they're looking pretty good. At £500 I think I'd grab one (there's probably no 'think' about it).

Hope so. With AMD addressing the Crossfire issues in addition to the price drop, they're looking pretty good. At £500 I think I'd grab one (there's probably no 'think' about it).

They could have done the drop sooner, but I realise it's good PR to do them both at the same time ;) May as well capitalise on the driver release!

Arrived...solid and massive beast of the card, heading out for dinner tonight so won't get to mess about with it but looks awesome inside my PS07...just the right amount of space left!

Will take some pics tonight and also now got 8 games to sell which will easily bring the full cost down to under £480...not bad at all!

Arrived...solid and massive beast of the card, heading out for dinner tonight so won't get to mess about with it but looks awesome inside my PS07...just the right amount of space left!

Will take some pics tonight and also now got 8 games to sell which will easily bring the full cost down to under £480...not bad at all!

Looking forward to those pics. Always loved the look of the 7990. Shiny.

Sweet that will be close.

Had a quick run through last night...after clocking my CPU back to 4.3Ghz for a fair test.

So far it outpaces the GTX760's (Overclocked pretty heavily) in Bioshock by around 5fps but lags behind in Crysis 3 by around 6 fps to the GTX760's (at stock) however the timing of my Crysis bench was wrong, so that may have affected the result a bit...I'll mess about with it all later on tonight and post some pics and results up.

Idling around 43C and load is around 81C, not too bad at all and definitely a lot quieter than the pair of 760's.

Had a quick run through last night...after clocking my CPU back to 4.3Ghz for a fair test.

So far it outpaces the GTX760's (Overclocked pretty heavily) in Bioshock by around 5fps but lags behind in Crysis 3 by around 6 fps to the GTX760's (at stock) however the timing of my Crysis bench was wrong, so that may have affected the result a bit...I'll mess about with it all later on tonight and post some pics and results up.

Idling around 43C and load is around 81C, not too bad at all and definitely a lot quieter than the pair of 760's.

Will you and Catanonia be posting scores on the Unigine Heaven 4 thread, Diagro is the only one with a HD 7990 score on there.:)

oh we have competition from the official 690 owners club :)

Still getting problems on my 7990 with differing temps.

Re-pasted my water block and for 2 days been fine. 4 - 5 degrees difference. Today, back to 8 degrees difference and expecting the gap to increase :(

The cards have had cool down periods and have never gone above 58 degrees even though 100% 24/7 !!!!!

Confused, surley MX4 can't go off can it over a few days ?

Back
Top Bottom