• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

Radeon HD 7990 Prices cut to $699 in Europe 596 EUR already

An interesting observation was made by the colleagues of TPU. It seems that the price of the Radeon HD 7990 has been cut tremendously. Initially these cards have been selling for like a 1000 USD a pop. Now last week the Catalyst 13.8 beta driver was released which pretty much eliminates micro-stuttering on DX 10 and DX11 games. And all of the sudden the price dropped aggressively and very competitive with GeForce GTX TITAN and GTX 690.

Checking up on EU prices, these started at a 1000 EUR for the cards initially as well, right now the lowest price I can find for the R7990 is even better, I spotted one for 596 EUR already, and that my friends is a hellofalotof card for the money.

http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/radeon_hd_7990_prices_cut_to_699_in_europe_596_eur_already.html

Radeon HD 7990 Prices cut to $699 in Europe 596 EUR already

An interesting observation was made by the colleagues of TPU. It seems that the price of the Radeon HD 7990 has been cut tremendously. Initially these cards have been selling for like a 1000 USD a pop. Now last week the Catalyst 13.8 beta driver was released which pretty much eliminates micro-stuttering on DX 10 and DX11 games. And all of the sudden the price dropped aggressively and very competitive with GeForce GTX TITAN and GTX 690.

Checking up on EU prices, these started at a 1000 EUR for the cards initially as well, right now the lowest price I can find for the R7990 is even better, I spotted one for 596 EUR already, and that my friends is a hellofalotof card for the money.

http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/radeon_hd_7990_prices_cut_to_699_in_europe_596_eur_already.html

I would have got one instead of my 7950 xfire setup if they were this cheap at the time. Impressive price drop must be said.

13.8 drivers are nice, Crysis 3 is much smoother

Hardly any changes in benchmarks.

Interesting to see the price drop on the cards now, oh well all things get cheaper after a while :)

Might pick up another one at a cheap price and water block that too for 7990 x 2 :)

I'm also thinking of a second one, But due to the size difference i don't think i can match up a reference one so would need to sell this one first haha.

Will see what happens :)

they are single slot with a waterblock so would actually fit in this case of mine!

The price cut amount is interesting because it is very unlikely the 9970 will beat a 7990. Therefore one assumes it will come out cheaper? Maybe AMD will offer GTX780/Titan performance (hopefully more) for £400-450? Fingers crossed.

The price cut amount is interesting because it is very unlikely the 9970 will beat a 7990. Therefore one assumes it will come out cheaper? Maybe AMD will offer GTX780/Titan performance (hopefully more) for £400-450? Fingers crossed.

Don't count on it.:D

The Titan is still selling for more than the GTX 690 even though when it comes to performance the GTX 690 beats the Titan easy.:)

Don't count on it.:D

The Titan is still selling for more than the GTX 690 even though when it comes to performance the GTX 690 beats the Titan easy.:)

Well....we can hope :) . Im am quietly confident though AMD will pull out something faster than the GTX780 at a slightly better price, maybe even with a copy of BF4. *fingers crossed*.

Having some minor temp issues on my 7990 with one GPU running significantly hotter than the other.

Since attaching the water block, I have during 100% mining operations seen the temperature difference slowly get bigger between the 2 GPU's

I expect one to be slightly higher as it is powering the display, but they started off 4 degrees difference, and 2 weeks on they are now 10 degrees different.

This is even after allowing the whole system to cool down, they immediately go to +8 difference and creep up to +10.

I wonder what is causing this, bad TIM ? They both have the same settings and voltage across them, so don't know what else it could be.

Having some minor temp issues on my 7990 with one GPU running significantly hotter than the other.

Since attaching the water block, I have during 100% mining operations seen the temperature difference slowly get bigger between the 2 GPU's

I expect one to be slightly higher as it is powering the display, but they started off 4 degrees difference, and 2 weeks on they are now 10 degrees different.

This is even after allowing the whole system to cool down, they immediately go to +8 difference and creep up to +10.

I wonder what is causing this, bad TIM ? They both have the same settings and voltage across them, so don't know what else it could be.

Is the card warping and one gpu not contacted as well? Try propping the card up?

Didn't Asus mange to cool it's custom 7990 with a single 120 rad?

Not when heavily overclocked and over volted. Alongside a i3770k at 4.8ghz

The rig dumps a stupid amount of heat. With the fans off it can get up to 70c on the gpus and 90 on the cpu. Thats when my alarms go off and it auto shuts down

Back
Top Bottom